Poll: Do you Support a "7 State Solution" for Somalia?

Do you support a 7 or 8 State Solution for Somalia?

• Yes, it's time to move on.

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • No, Somali unity at all costs.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am not sure.

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters
While not a popular opinion, the Somalia from 1960 to 1991 will not be returning.

It has now been 60 years since independence and for half of that period the country has been a failure .... that should tell us something. We have been more disfunctional than functional in our nation's entire history.

Historically, Somalis have not been unified into a single state and I believe that as a society we are not yet ready for this endeavour. That does not mean that in 10 years, these separate republics count not join together.

The benefits, in my opinion, of having 7 or 8 Somali republics are outlined below:

Better local representation - the larger the nation the more difficulty in ensuring a representative form of government. Look at the issues in the FGS.

Better functioning states - ask yourselves which function better - SL/PL or the FGS. Clearly the answer the former rather than the latter.

Increased jobs and opportunities - We have the highest unemployment in the world. Rather than once again having most jobs in Mogadishu, our people will benefit from government, NGO, private business, embassy jobs spread throughout the country.

Better local development - we can super charge the country's development. We can see that PL and SL are way ahead of other regions in this regard. Somalis will not need to move far away for jobs and the local economy benefits (no need to repeat the errors of the past with Mogadishu-focused investment). We would see more airports, sea ports, roads, community development, NGO support, etc.

Increased influence internationally - 7 or 8 Somali republics will ensure more influence in the Muslim world. Size doesn't matter - many small countries have strong economies and political influence in the world (Rwanda, Taiwan, Singapore, Djibouti are all good examples). Just as a comparision, the region of Bari is the same size as Sierra Leonne!

Increased prominence of Somali language / culture in Africa - Somali will become a lingua franca among the HoA and East African countries, thus increasing the status of the language in the African Union. It can perhaps one day become an official AU language.

Attachments

• Somali states.jpeg
    Somali states.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 113
Rwanda is sure on the upswing but is nowhere near the level of influence as Taiwan or Singapore. Djibouti doing terribly when its position on the globe is put into consideration.

Imo, Somali people in general have so much more to gain from being 1 nation with states than they do being disjointed, there is a reason the EU exists, and some are even pushing for further unity to increase European influence.

If there were several disjointed nations, no single Somali nation could ever hope to become a significant regional player or reach any sort of influence in the region. Honest competition between each state, diviison of powers tied together with checks and balances, and with a strong overhead federal government is the best solution for Somalia.

Last edited:
Now we are just being ridiculous. A central government is the only way to actually succeed in an underdeveloped country. Just look at china compared to the shithole called india.

However a centralised Somali state will never happen due to trust issues so it's a catch 22.

Good idea. I like the idea of Galmudug being its own government.

I would also like Lower Shebelle to to be its own regional state and HG to lead it. Merca will be our capital.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Good idea. I like the idea of Galmudug being its own government.

I would also like Lower Shebelle to to be its own regional state and HG to lead it. Merca will be our capital.
Wow!! That's a brilliant idea. Sh/Hoose should be a regional State just like Galmudug/Nus, don't forget the upcoming mighty regional States of Banadir and Hiiraan... They deserve their own States. Absolutely exquisite preposition Mr/Mrs. @Galmudug-State.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DRACO

VIP
Somalia’s unity is sacred so it will always stay as 5 states. Puntland and jubaland will increasingly have to answer to the Federal government. Gone are the days that regional states can act like self governing micro-nations .

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Let’s be brutally honest The Somali Peninsula is split into 3 opinions:
Some are Pro Centralized government
•Some are Pro secession
•Some are Pro Federalized government

I don’t think one size fits all is the best approach. For example SL or even PL can survive on it’s own while Southwest State may not be able to do so.

The problem is not federalism, centralism or any other way of governance, but that those who are in power are uneducated, illeterate dumb fools, clan driven, don't care about the people only their stomach
1599245908599.png
1599245945231.png

Ronaldinho

All Praise To Allah |
VIP
I would support it if only shabelle dhexe joins with shabelle hoose or whatever and hiiraan become its own state like before

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
A central government is the only way to actually succeed in an underdeveloped country. Just look at china compared to the shithole called india.

Since when was China an underdeveloped country LOL. Also India is a very rich country it has a $3 trillion GDP it just has a wealth disparity issue and has a massive population.

If you want to see an underdeveloped country with a Centralized government look at the Republic of Congo. That’s an actual shithole

Northeast state:wtf:

People who try and gas dhulos &warsans remind me of when my friends and I used to convince the stupid kids to shoplift for us back in secondary school.

A central government is the only way to actually succeed in an underdeveloped country. Just look at china compared to the shithole called india.

Since when was China an underdeveloped country LOL. Also India is a very rich country it has a $3 trillion GDP it just has a wealth disparity issue and has a massive population.

If you want to see an underdeveloped country with a Centralized government look at the Republic of Congo. That’s an actual shithole

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
While not a popular opinion, the Somalia from 1960 to 1991 will not be returning.

It has now been 60 years since independence and for half of that period the country has been a failure .... that should tell us something. We have been more disfunctional than functional in our nation's entire history.

Historically, Somalis have not been unified into a single state and I believe that as a society we are not yet ready for this endeavour. That does not mean that in 10 years, these separate republics count not join together.

The benefits, in my opinion, of having 7 or 8 Somali republics are outlined below:

Better local representation - the larger the nation the more difficulty in ensuring a representative form of government. Look at the issues in the FGS.

Better functioning states - ask yourselves which function better - SL/PL or the FGS. Clearly the answer the former rather than the latter.

Increased jobs and opportunities - We have the highest unemployment in the world. Rather than once again having most jobs in Mogadishu, our people will benefit from government, NGO, private business, embassy jobs spread throughout the country.

Better local development - we can super charge the country's development. We can see that PL and SL are way ahead of other regions in this regard. Somalis will not need to move far away for jobs and the local economy benefits (no need to repeat the errors of the past with Mogadishu-focused investment). We would see more airports, sea ports, roads, community development, NGO support, etc.

Increased influence internationally - 7 or 8 Somali republics will ensure more influence in the Muslim world. Size doesn't matter - many small countries have strong economies and political influence in the world (Rwanda, Taiwan, Singapore, Djibouti are all good examples). Just as a comparision, the region of Bari is the same size as Sierra Leonne!

Increased prominence of Somali language / culture in Africa - Somali will become a lingua franca among the HoA and East African countries, thus increasing the status of the language in the African Union. It can perhaps one day become an official AU language.
Bother I will live and die United Somalia.
Always greater Somalia

Useless thread based on delusional hypothesis

Somalia is the same state that it was in 1960 and that will never change. Move on and fix the problems you created!