Political exhaustion

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Does anybody feel like politics has been practically everywhere you look since 2016 and, more lately, the covid pandemic?
Movies, video games, and media.
Someone is trying to force their political ideas down your throat almost everywhere.

I don't believe the public was as politically engaged as it is now.

From Red-pill, LGBTQ, Feminism, Conspiracies, Marxism, Capitalism, Islam, Christianity, Atheism, White Supremacy and Black Supremacy everything has turned up a dial.

Does anybody feel fatigued from this? Like i can take responsibility to some part because I entertain it sometimes however even when i go outside i see political banners or news headlines everywhere. Itโ€™s especially annoying when you donโ€™t agree with it.

What happened to keeping your politics to yourself. Furthermore the average person politically views have been become far more polarising and nonsensical.
IMG_2007.gif

You're growing up that's all. It's always have been like this politics is everywhere. Once you start getting into politics you start to see it everywhere

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
You're growing up that's all. It's always have been like this politics is everywhere. Once you start getting into politics you start to see it everywhere
I thought that too but studies show that people are more politically polarised. Im sure early 2000s were political especially after the 9/11 tragedy that happened in America and the war on terror that followed after.

However I donโ€™t think it was to this degree.

I thought that too but studies show that people are more politically polarised. Im sure early 2000s were political especially after the 9/11 tragedy that happened in America and the war on terror that followed after.

Social media might be the answer. If you go in places like Twitter you'll hardly find anything that isn't about politics. You'll find all kind of political ideologies being talked about openly

Internet Nomad

VIP
Social media might be the answer. If you go in places like Twitter you'll hardly find anything that isn't about politics. You'll find all kind of political ideologies being talked about openly
Plus with anonymity people can express their true feelings without having the risk of social stigma associated with it.

Gojo Satoru

Staff Member
There's a whole theory that the mainstream media started pushing identity politics after occupy wall street because they didn't want people to unite on class issues. After the '08 recession our living standards have decreased significantly but tptb do want us to focus on that

maybe they have more access to media than they did in the past, people didn't use and have online media nearly as much as they have nowadays, politics would have been spread using other methods, of which would be less effective as it is now

Internet Nomad

VIP
There's a whole theory that the mainstream media started pushing identity politics after occupy wall street because they didn't want people to unite on class issues. After the '08 recession our living standards have decreased significantly but tptb do want us to focus on that
I heard about that theory too and it make a lot of sense.
1697654412550.png

Internet Nomad

VIP
maybe they have more access to media than they did in the past, people didn't use and have online media nearly as much as they have nowadays, politics would have been spread using other methods, of which would be less effective as it is now
Prior to social media most families generally had the same political beliefs nowadays there are families where political are far different from one another. Because each person has their own devices that indoctrinate them.

Internet Nomad

VIP

Internet Nomad

VIP
Nothing was ever the same. Feel like we're on a sinking ship and we can't jump ship cause home is still unstable. We've lived our whole lives watching one major war or other. I wonder if I'll be old and it'll still be this way.
I donโ€™t even say its over anymore. I just sigh and look melancholy and mysterious.
IMG_2009.jpeg

Yeah I have seen it with somali politics, before it was only the men who used to discuss it. But now the women and dhalinyaro are discussing politics and qabyaalad.

Does anybody feel like politics has been practically everywhere you look since 2016 and, more lately, the covid pandemic?
Movies, video games, and media.
Someone is trying to force their political ideas down your throat almost everywhere.

I don't believe the public was as politically engaged as it is now.

From Red-pill, LGBTQ, Feminism, Conspiracies, Marxism, Capitalism, Islam, Christianity, Atheism, White Supremacy and Black Supremacy everything has turned up a dial.

Does anybody feel fatigued from this? Like i can take responsibility to some part because I entertain it sometimes however even when i go outside i see political banners or news headlines everywhere. Itโ€™s especially annoying when you donโ€™t agree with it.

What happened to keeping your politics to yourself. Furthermore the average person politically views have been become far more polarising and nonsensical.
View attachment 299677

let me tell people where it really started.

it started with second Obama term. that was when people became very political.

I feel we might as well embrace it. it's the world we live in (at least here in the West).

The pause, the break, the escape from it is the dฤซn. When you focus on the dฤซn, acts of ibadah, seeking ilm, then you can forget what's going on.

but I personally don't ever expect a return to the world I remember where what was on TV and real life were more separated at least for us. now what is on TV may very well step out of the TV and impact you in the real world.

Trending