PM Abiy latest statement on Greater Ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is different and hates “Islamic terrorism” especially when America is paying to stop it, if Ethiopia uses the guise of stopping terrorism for us he won’t care and may withdraw(already did this in Syria for Russia and turkey) plus he doesn’t care about human rights( see the Kurds and Yemen) but instead keeping “terrorists” in check ( see praise for gadafi and saddam) also trump doesn’t really see Russia and China as the enemies and britian and France as allies, he operates more in a what’s beneficial for America mindset
Trump is just one guy sxb. He has to follow rules from the people above him. US troops are still in Syria, and they will NEVER leave Afghanistan no matter what Trump says. US foreign policy will ALWAYS see Russia and China as enemies, if they don't the US will not be "Number 1" anymore.

The only variable is if Farmajo replaces Amsiom will Ethiopia, or Guelleh sells out to them first. Either one will f*ck us all up irreversibly. Our leaders have always been our weakest link.

This keeps me up at night
668e31406b62899af0a6b639df7f6db1.png

If ethiopia unite with eritrea before somaliweyn, I'm giving up on somalia, even Puntland

I have to admit some of his talks and also that of President Isaias Afeworki comes as weird even to me. For example, Isaias while visiting in Ethiopia said "PM Abiy is our leader" and that "only foreigners think Ethiopians and Eritreans are different people but in reality both are one people". And in Asmara, PM Abiy said that he has the permission from the Eritrean president to work as the Eritrean Foreign minister and when he was in Italy recently, he (alone without anybody from the Eritrean side) negotiated a first phase finance from Italy to build a railway from Massawa port to Addis Ababa. For sure these both guys know something we don't know.

For me as an Ethiopian, we should never seek unity with our neighbours and lose our focus from the democratic and development path that we are in and drag us in unnecessary conflicts. We should instead continue to focus in building a robust democracy and sound economy so that we become a middle income country as fast as we can. All focus should be on that one ball, and for that I think economic cooperation, like we had for decades with Djibouti, serves us better than full unity/integration. Another political headache will only divert our attention from the one and only important ball. We just don't have time to play with these kinds of experiments.

I have to admit some of his talks and also that of President Isaias Afeworki comes as weird even to me. For example, Isaias while visiting in Ethiopia said "PM Abiy is our leader" and that "only foreigners think Ethiopians and Eritreans are different people but in reality both are one people". And in Asmara, PM Abiy said that he has the permission from the Eritrean president to work as the Eritrean Foreign minister and when he was in Italy recently, he (alone without anybody from the Eritrean side) negotiated a first phase finance from Italy to build a railway from Massawa port to Addis Ababa. For sure these both guys know something we don't know.

For me as an Ethiopian, we should never seek unity with our neighbours and lose our focus from the democratic and development path that we are in and drag us in unnecessary conflicts. We should instead continue to focus in building a robust democracy and sound economy so that we become a middle income country as fast as we can. All focus should be on that one ball, and for that I think economic cooperation, like we had for decades with Djibouti, serves us better than full unity/integration. Another political headache will only divert our attention from the one and only important ball. We just don't have time to play with these kinds of experiments.
Abiy and Isayas probably agreed on that since isayas is viewed as a brutal dictator in the west, a lot of eritrean refugees would be against isayas invitation to the western world.

Trust me, this ain't ever going to happen. The Eritrean media is already highly against his statements about no borders and military, and there is no chance most Eritreans will give up their sovereignty. The voices of Eritreans aren't being represented.

Last edited:
Trust me, this ain't ever going to happen. The Eritrean media is already highly against his statements about no borders and military, and there is no chance most Eritreans will give up their sovereignty. The voices of Eritreans aren't being represented.
It's not going to happen now, but the horn will never be at true peace as lonv as Ethiopia is landlocked. Ethiopia doesn't have a choice but to meddle and use it's influence to guarantee it's access to the sea. You should be for the unification of eritrea and ethiopia if you want to be left alone!

It's not going to happen now, but the horn will never be at true peace as lonv as Ethiopia is landlocked. Ethiopia doesn't have a choice but to meddle and use it's influence to guarantee it's access to the sea. You should be for the unification of eritrea and ethiopia if you want to be left alone!
:comeon:

That doesn't make sense. Why does it have to be Eritrea instead of Somalia or some other place? Most of the people in Eritrea have no connections to Ethiopians.

I don't doubt this kind of reply coming from 'Selassie' :siilaanyosmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending