NEWS PL will establish power state company called PEPCO.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Excellent!

I want Puntland Government to have a Public-Private Partnership for Energy, Water and other essential things. We cannot have private corporations having full ownership and then setting extortionate prices. Garacad Port for example, is a PPP arrangement.
Exactly, It was great news to my ears :rejoice:.

Electricity in Somalia known as the expensive electricity bill in Africa!!, because of private companies, its great move to stop them.

This is good new but the way you portrayed it made it sound like bad news.

They dont appear to be doing what you describe. What you describe would be a private/government regulated monopoly controlling electric power generation. I havent looked into this deeply but it looks like they are creating some sort of collaboration between competing electric companies so that customers wont need entirely new powelines whenever they change electic companies and maybe set up something like a clearinghouse to settle electricity imports/exports between power companies

Excellent!

I want Puntland Government to have a Public-Private Partnership for Energy, Water and other essential things. We cannot have private corporations having full ownership and then setting extortionate prices. Garacad Port for example, is a PPP arrangement.

Why not establish a 100% fully government owned monopoly company for various public utilities eg water and hydrocarbons

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
This is good new but the way you portrayed it made it sound like bad news.

They dont appear to be doing what you describe. What you describe would be a private/government regulated monopoly controlling electric power generation. I havent looked into this deeply but it looks like they are creating some sort of collaboration between competing electric companies so that customers wont need entirely new powelines whenever they change electic companies and maybe set up something like a clearinghouse to settle electricity imports/exports between power companies
At the end, puntlander wants great service and cheap prices.

Trending

Latest posts