PL - Sanaag Dam

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I love these sand-dams, we need to collect the rain-water and store it. I hope our rural people are now water sufficient with these solutions or at least it helps them through the drought period. I also suggest we look into other water solutions like Israel which has developed technology to convert air into water. If we had a bustling science and innovation hub in Somalia, we would tackle all our problems, how-ever we don't so we are reliant on the world to develop all our technologies.

We need a good documentary by PL TV who travels to all these areas with sand-dams and do some sort of review of the benefits achieved for the locals, are they any better of before it was built.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Sanaag has been growing lately in terms of infrastructure. They securing Dams for their rural folks to end the water shortage in rural areas. They got the Eldahir to Erigavo Road happening which is going to be the biggest self-funded infrastructure project in all Somalia. But the one that excites me is Makhir University.

How they convert that into leading institutions of developing the brains in PL and Somalia will depend on how recognized their courses are world wide. If they can bring in Harvard and Oxford former professors to teach certified curriculums and provide world wide recognized 'degrees', it's going to be the biggest industry in Somalia. All the locals want 'shahado' that is recognized so they can start targetting 'hayad work' that is given to Somalis in the diaspora who come and swindle local work because they can't compete in the western markets. I personally refuse to do this on moral grounds.

The DR may be mad, insult, does essays, but I won't go to some 3rd world nation and take away they're job opportunities using my western experience and degree. I want them to take their own local jobs but they need to figure out how to get 'recognized' degrees not those local somali degrees.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Could be used for agriculture which is a good thing.
Check these indian water-harvesting techniques:

Not interested in farming and creating an added 'dependencies' for the locals. We got milk and meat and they're bodies adjusted to that for long time,we are food secure so agriculture isn't really a benefit to us in the north. Agriculture is for the south.

I just want enough water supply so the animals don't die due to drought so the rural nomad can continue on with they're ancient past-time, as this frees up PL academia and elites to begign building modern cities, towns, villages following Puntland Development Plan and new industries that are very beneficial economically and provide good returns and meet our GDP indicators. I want PL to design it's' economy around GDP indicators, not around 'likes'. Once we know what we want financially from the industry each year, it's all set. I want decisions made purely financially not historically or what siyad barre did or all that nonsense of clan politics.

Not interested in farming and creating more 'dependencies' for the locals. We got milk and meat and they're bodies adjusted to that for long time. Agriculture is for the south. I just want enough water supply so the animals don't die so they can continue on with they're past-time, so we can start building modern cities, towns, villages following Puntland Development Plan.
Farming creates an abundance of food, you do realize you a population cannot live of camel meat and milk forever.

Every flourishing civilization started by farming.

Not everybody has camels, sxb.
iu

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Farming creates an abundance of food, you do realize you a population cannot live of camel meat and milk forever.

Every flourishing civilization started by farming.

Not everybody has camels, sxb.
iu

There is no famine in PL nor has there ever been one in history, farming creates plagues, diseases, famines and poor peasantry that's why the southerners are maids in PL home, I know for a fact it always Puntites sending famine relief to the south and feeding them while their locals are living in PL IDP camps . Never seen desert societies ever suffer a famine in history. The problem is you need to stop comparing PL to the south. PL is different story to the south, we are heavily connected to OMAN historically and follow their traders network model.

PL suffered heavily when we joined this shitty ass Somalia that we met other peasantry type Somalis in the 1960's who were farmers and poor. We don't even have the same thinking style whatsoever, same diet, same clothing, same dance, our Somali is vastly different, our politics isn't the same.

I mean look at the SOUTH, it resembles CONGO or some shit every day, I've never seen the south lead Puntland on anything in history or today. It's always colonized, their people are always tahrib on boats to yemen while puntites sell them to the highest bidder like their being slave traded again. Their people work as maids and beggars in cities of Puntland. Wow farming really help them didn't it? that's why I don't want farming for Puntland, I fear our populace will become like that.

Oman controlled East Africa, the only difference is, my region always had an independent state under the Omani Empire

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts