PL IDP after 30 years today officially are consider Puntlanders in Bossaso.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

Puntities PIM movements in danger after IDP Bossaso officially has the same right as any puntlanders. this is not the first announcement maybe Galkayo was before Bossaso.

Your thoughts Puntites. ?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I'm sorry but this is literally disgusting. An IDP can never have the same rights like the native puntites whose forefathers fought to make Puntland safe for all of us. I hate this, IDPs should all go back to where they came from. What are our leaders thinking?

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I'm sorry but this is literally disgusting. An IDP can never have the same rights like the native puntites who's forefathers fought to make Puntland safe for all of us. I hate this, IDPs should all go back to where they came from. What are our leaders thinking?
Soon you will hear IDP in Sool and Sanaag and Nugaal became puntlanders. The real affect will be in the coming election as southies can vote for any politician part of N&N.

Farm

VIP
I hope but it seems going that way. Unless we give them second level citizenship little rights cause they are not PL native. :manny:.

We should have laws that state if you aren’t ethnically from PL you shouldn’t be allowed to vote. Many countries do this.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Southies need to be deported. Why can't everyone stay and build their own regions?!! This is complete and utter failure from PL government. I have my issues with PIM but a southie can never be a Puntite.

Farm

VIP
Do we have it in PL Dastuur talking about non PL native rights?.

if we don’t we should. We can always amend laws, especially ones this crucial. I remember Faroole amended the constitution and article 5 says this.

8i7h19I.jpg

We need to change it asap.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
if we don’t we should. We can always amend laws, especially ones this crucial. I remember Faroole amended the constitution and article 5 says this.

8i7h19I.jpg

We need to change it asap.
Any person who is Puntlander by birth or who acquired the status of Puntlander in accordance with the law is recognized as Puntland citizen.

The current regime is literally violating the constitution. This is unprecedented. I have never thought Deni would be this bad.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
They should read the constitution before making such erratic decisions.

Attachments

• Puntland-Constitution-Eng.pdf
    333.1 KB · Views: 96

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Any person who is Puntlander by birth or who acquired the status of Puntlander in accordance with the law is recognized as Puntland citizen.

The current regime is literally violating the constitution. This is unprecedented. I have never thought Deni would be this bad.
Its faroole fault not Deni. Deni just applying what PL Dastuur says. The only solution is to be change asap. Cause this give right also to non Somalis like Oromo !!.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
Its faroole fault not Deni. Deni just applying with PL Dastuur says. The only solution is to be change asap. Cause this give right also to non Somalis like Oromo !!.
No it isn't mm. Read the article...

"Any person who is Puntlander by birth or who acquired the status of Puntlander in accordance with the law is recognized as Puntland citizen".

Either you're Puntite by birth/descent or acquired the Puntite Status (for example: An investor, a highly respected scholar, someone who stayed in the land for a longtime etc). IDPs don't qualify in either of these categories.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

"Any person who is Puntlander by birth or who acquired the status of Puntlander in accordance with the law is recognized as Puntland citizen".

Either you're Puntite by birth/descent or acquired the Puntite Status (for example: An investor, a highly respected scholar, someone who stayed in the land for a longtime etc). IDPs don't qualify in either of these categories.
What about who lived for 30 years?

Farm

VIP

I guess it can be a bit ambiguous without that exact wording. They can claim IDPs earned their citizenship by living in PL for say a decade or more, which is why they need to amend it and specify.

Karim

HALYEEY
VIP
What about who lived for 30 years?
Depends on his status in the community. Imo a court needs to decide whether the person is Puntite or Not. We can't be having RRA eelays running around Puntland claiming to be Puntites. That's a disgrace

Southies need to be deported. Why can't everyone stay and build their own regions?!! This is complete and utter failure from PL government. I have my issues with PIM but a southie can never be a Puntite.
Politics in PL is between puntites PIM or not etc but we can't let other's influence our stance...

If they are well integrated and contribute to PL it's good and all but troublemakers need to be deported, same with oromos.

We have to ask ourselves since there are thousands of people here why is nothing being done to bring back their farms and land in the south?

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I guess it can be a bit ambiguous without that exact wording. They can claim IDPs earned their citizenship by living in PL for say a decade or more, which is why they need to amend it and specify.
Exactly, cause by law they can apply for citizenship.