PL Economic Future Bright and Bleak

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Yeah I know, we need reconciliation and political stability and security first and I do focus a-lot of my time on this area and that involves raising up tribal sensitivies, history, sultanates, dark age periods for clans, cultures, values, or anything to find out why we are not on the same page 'mentally' inside the nation. We can't just keep going back n forth is my MOTTO or else it's pure bloody madness.

But Check out this interesting fact. All those 'trade enthusiasts' who cry RED SEA is so strategic and the location is critical to world trade and we should envision a strong Somalia by placing ourselves to as 'bridge' and taxing it and building our land with it. All this nonsense can be debunked with one famous 'trade corridor' from Roman Empire to China, it was called the SILK ROAD. It was exactly as you describe the RED SEA today, the global trade route between nations. Please go see those nations today who are on that trade route who also applied the principle of positioning itself as a 'trade corridor'.

This is the Silk road trade corridor. Today all the nations that lie on that route, where are they? they are usually dead or inactive nations. The only one who has resurrected was the Roman Empire and China Empire, not the 'vassal states' in between who just envisioned 'trade corridor' future was sufficient, now look at them those trade corridor type nations, flip flop when the super powers relocate the trade somewhere else.

25228965._SX540_.jpg

The moral of the story, yes trade corridor is fine but let's not make it the 'engine' of our economy, let it be something that is supplementary while we focus on developing key sectors internally. The big sectors are minerals/oil, Banking sector where we give our loans to our population to invest themselves into start-ups, high learning sector we want an inventing economy. The best asset is the brain, it's reliable and if this is well intelligent, we can with-stand the changes of global shifting economic world.

I just don't want us living like the arabs where they are continously reminded, you will go back to 'camps' once we don't need your oil which is what they're trying to do thru wind,solar, electric powered energy sources. I just don't want people telling my future descendants, we will send u back to your fkn huts once we leave the 'red sea' trade corridor you dumb bum. The reason they say this is because they know your 'inventing' economy or brain sector is so low, you can not recover and rely on 'natural resources or trade routes'.

So yes our end goal should be investing to create the best brains on the continent, higher learning institutes and research facilities should be our top priority. Manufacturing should itself just be 'side economy' not our PRIMARY one.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Connectivity is what you need to succeed and an attached attractive environment for people to come.

You've got 2 brand new runways but no flights coming in. Need to advertise more boost PR - you're always on about Darood being the most successful where is the business

Hargeisa getting another route
Uganda Airlines

The more people passes through your city the more business it gets

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Connectivity is what you need to succeed and an attached attractive environment for people to come.

You've got 2 brand new runways but no flights coming in. Need to advertise more boost PR - you're always on about Darood being the most successful where is the business

Hargeisa getting another route
Uganda Airlines

The more people passes through your city the more business it gets

The day SL takes the lead and opens a banking sector and says RIBAH is happening so we catch up with the world who are all doing it and no-one escapes it and I see Isaaq all running to the bank getting loans to start up businesses and pay back they're loans when successful and other isaaqs running to the bank for home loans and construction industry starts to boom. I will say al hamdulilah rabil alameen Isaaq led the way for the first time to get Somali game up to new level. Till then shut up and wait till a Majerten paves the way as usual on everything. Then @Cognitivedissonance will come along and say the debt ratio in isaaq supercedes the actual real money they have. But at least it's in real hard assets like homes, businesses that are profitable, etc. Yeah some bank loans go belly up and fail, but he will set up a scheme to ensure risk appetite of his loan. Like dhalinyaro are a big RISK they say with loans, very childish and shit and does wild investments which are not FRIENDLY in returns. Some banks may discriminate on age or collateral level. But I will move to SL and abadon PL that day. Cuz I see the future is ISAAQ.

Wallahi I will ask Isaaq if I can secure a sit near Erigavo since they are civilized Isaaq, u always move to where they are more civilized and cultured to ensure 'longevity' of your descendants. Some of my Awoowe Daughters got lost in the desert and were found in Erigavo with Musa Ismacil Children. Back in those days ppl got lost wallahi, we are talking a desert society, it was nothing like it is now Somalia. They are now apart of our 'duriyad' now Muse Ismacil kids she gave birth too. They are actually second generation now, meaning her kids ayaaba si dhaleen who are my age.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Cognitivedissonance Thinks debt automatically means 'bad bad bad'. That's not right. I had a debt of around 40k on my brand new car. Yes I was in debt and slowly repaying it with interest applied. But I paid it off roughly in 5 years. Interest was about 8k on top. For those 5 years I did feel like I was 'trapped' like Cognissive said, but I perserved to pay my monthly quota towards it. Was I in real debt in terms of having 'nothing'. No. Even if I didn't end up paying the loan back, I could've sold the vehicle and recieved 40k back for it. Maybe not exactly 40k back because it was second hand, but at least 30-35k depending how many years I had when I returned it. This would've covered my loan back and I would be back to square one with nothing again. No growth and no loss, just like where Somalis are now, meel EBER ah ayaan istagi laha. Zero isn't a great number at all is. Luckily I own the car now, I am debt free, I didn't have 40k just sitting around, I got a car finance. I chose flat rate fee interest, I said sorry allah lakin noolasha ayaa iga keenayso ma aha in aan jecel ahay, fataaxo ayaan aqrisaday, finish. I am happy now, no dembi on me. Aduunka ayaa igu qasabtay dee ama yoolkaygi ma gaadhi lahayn.

Trending

Latest posts