VIP
Time to remind y'all who is Somali:

QhehbI6.png

PBeNRsF.png

Last edited:

Mudug_gyal

لا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّه
VIP
@Omar del Sur is piracy haram? Is it halal to be a pirate? They are trespassing and polluting our sea with toxic chemicals. Is it jihad?

Omar del Sur

RETIRED
VIP
@Omar del Sur is piracy haram? Is it halal to be a pirate? They are trespassing and polluting our sea with toxic chemicals. Is it jihad?

I don't think I've ever looked at rulings to do with piracy. If these boats are trespassing and dumping toxic chemicals in the water.... I'm sympathetic to the pirates that are combatting that, I would want to support them. But that's just my own thinking, as far as the shariah I don't think I've ever looked at rulings that are to do with piracy specifically, so I can't really talk about it from that point of view.

But personally... if they are dumping chemicals like you said- that's really serious and I would support the pirates against them. Somalia like any Muslim country has a right to defend itself and I think it's legitimate defense. I can't say 100% for sure that this... volunteer coast guard.... that they are mujahidīn. If they are simply criminals who victimize both the foreign ships and the local Somalis as well, then I wouldn't go out of my way to support them. But if they're genuinely doing it to defend Somalia, I would support them and I would support treating them as being mujahidīn. If they're mujahidīn, Muslims can support them through dua, through speaking in their defense, etc.

I suggest asking @Keep it a boqol and @Homerlilian (if they haven't weighed in already). insha'Allah they might be able to better understand the specific situation and if the two of them agree on something then I would think it's probably correct. I think @Homerlilian is newer so I'm not as familiar with him but I think I agree with @Keep it a boqol like 95% of the time.

edit: I've only glanced at a few posts here, I don't know the situation in detail. but I want to talk about a topic relating to the mujahid. If a mujahid wants booty or if they are inspired by patriotism- are they still a mujahid? from what I understand, a mujahid can have secondary motives like they want booty or they are patriots... but as long as their primary intention is for Allah, then they are still mujahid even if they as sort of a side thing would like some booty or have patriotic motives.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Piracy is a noble profession. Queen Elizabeth the first- had pirates go over seas and steal Spaniards ships. That gave England the idea to have an Empire and go rob the world.

Trending