Pictures of Somalia in the 1980s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad.

This is one of my favourite city pictures of pre-war Somalia (got it from wikipedia though)
Mogadishu-3.jpg

:lawd:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@Grant what kind of camera were you using ?

Is Somalia part of your life, I mean is it very sentimental value to you ?

@Grant what kind of camera were you using ?

Is Somalia part of your life, I mean is it very sentimental value to you ?

I think it was a Kodak Instamatic. I only had two rolls of film and no ability to get them developed. These were sent to my parents.

I intended to retire in Jilib and I remain in contact with friends who are now in Columbus. Many thanks to the Duchess for getting us back together. Many

of the Volunteers who served maintain similar contacts and have done their bits to help over the years. We are nearly all sentimental and stay active

and connected through a Google Group.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I think it was a Kodak Instamatic. I only had two rolls of film and no ability to get them developed. These were sent to my parents.

I intended to retire in Jilib and I remain in contact with friends who are now in Columbus. Many thanks to the Duchess for getting us back together. Many

of the Volunteers who served maintain similar contacts and have done their bits to help over the years. We are nearly all sentimental and stay active

and connected through a Google Group.

Actually it was Menace ( my former name) who put you in contact with your jilib friends. @Duchess is a different person all together. She helps no one unless you're her clan

I'm only interested because I would like to know what it looked like before the war happened

It looks the same

Well I did not mean it that way mate, but trust me when i tell you appart from capital, all of Somalia was pretty much a shithole with only basic infrastructure and nomads inhabitants, whereas today even little villages that was once ghost towns have basic electricity, phone lines and good trade in other words they have it better today.

Trust me today's Somalia is more fair then yesterday, we only need a government that's effective

Jubbaland 2050:banderas:

MeixiLake.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ras Hafuun 2055:ahh:

masdar-city.jpg

Hergeisa 2040 :salute:
Great%20City%20overall.jpg

You're derailing sxb

I wouldn't want you to get banned :siilaanyolaugh:

@merka Oh god! Please ban me. I've had an 18% drop in productivity.lool

In all honesty the irony in this thread is that we can't move forward starting into a rear view. No government official has developed a future city plan for any city in the Somali peninsula.

@merka Oh god! Please ban me. I've had an 18% drop in productivity.lool

In all honesty the irony in this thread is that we can't move forward starting into a rear view. No government official has developed a future city plan for any city in the Somali peninsula.
City plan? Let's see if we can practice basic resource management and avoid people starving before we fantasise about futuristic landscapes.

Also add another 100 years to those estimates.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I've decided to not be hopeful of anything located in what I've labeled QAARADA HABAARTA QABTA.

Naclad ha ku sii dhacdo it has shamed us to death aakh-tuff ya ilma xaaraan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending