Phenotype can be misleading when it comes to genotype

Sudanese Nubians and Arabs as a whole are mostly not Cushitic, their ancestry is going to be made up of 2 waves of eastern Sudanic conquerors, the Kushites of ancient Egypt, and the Byzantine-era Nobatae tribes who conquered the Kushites as Roman federated, 2 layers of Cushitic ancestry (Kerma and Beja), and Egyptian and later Arab ancestry.

Sudanese Arabs and Nubians have very similar mtdna to Darfuris, but ydna wise plot with Levantines and are dominated by J-P58, I, V88 and E-M78. Nubians who are not Arabs assimilated many Arab men since they passed Nubian identity materially. Which is why close to half of Nubian men are carrying Arabian clades.

I think the Nobatae and Kushite conquest of Nubia made it very Dinka-shifted, and especially with Arab immigration they became more Habesha-like in the late classical period.

The white woman is the Palestinian Arab while the dark Middle Eastern looking police officers are Jews. :ftw9nwa:

Sudanese Nubians and Arabs as a whole are mostly not Cushitic, their ancestry is going to be made up of 2 waves of eastern Sudanic conquerors, the Kushites of ancient Egypt, and the Byzantine-era Nobatae tribes who conquered the Kushites as Roman federated, 2 layers of Cushitic ancestry (Kerma and Beja), and Egyptian and later Arab ancestry.

Sudanese Arabs and Nubians have very similar mtdna to Darfuris, but ydna wise plot with Levantines and are dominated by J-P58, I, V88 and E-M78. Nubians who are not Arabs assimilated many Arab men since they passed Nubian identity materially. Which is why close to half of Nubian men are carrying Arabian clades.

I think the Nobatae and Kushite conquest of Nubia made it very Dinka-shifted, and especially with Arab immigration they became more Habesha-like in the late classical period.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending