Petroleum Engineering

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
You can pair it with mechanical engineering degree and minor in IT or vice versa .
Sounds like a good path, however is double majoring in two vastly different degrees worth it, i thought the primary purpose of a double major is to enhance one of the two degrees being pursued for example software engineering and computer engineering?

World

VIP
I’m in college right now pursuing a degree in petroleum engineering (first year). It is the highest paying engineering job and their is a lack of skilled graduates within the field. Assuming that hydrocarbons aren’t going to be scrapped for another 30-40 years i could manage steady employment. But i don’t want a modest pay check, i want to exploit Somalia’s oil and gas reserves and become rich beyond belief through embezzlement of revenue and government funds. Of course i will also reinvest the embezzled funds into the local economy to enhance the quality of life. Is this way of thinking wrong?
Go into software/tech if u want money.

Chemical engineering >>

you can work I’m the oil industry as a chemical engineer, and in the off chance you don’t find a job in the oil industry, it’s a good fallback. Also I feel like petroleum engineering depends on if you go to a good uni or not, good unis get good internships.