Petition against Somali Gov't Bill

Here's an excerpt from the Petition explaining what it's about:

"The Federal Parliament of Somalia is set to vote on a heavily amended "Intercourse Bill" that will further violate the human rights, agency and bodily autonomy of children, women and girls in Somalia. The federal cabinet of ministers in 2018 passed the widely welcomed Sexual Offences Bill that offered protection against sexual abuse. However, the bill has not been ratified by parliament for unknown reasons. Now, a parliamentary committee has proposed a heavily amended version that dangerously erodes the human rights of our most vulnerable citizens.

We are deeply concerned with the amended Sexual Offences Bill as it sets a dangerous precedent in a country already marred by gender-based sexual violence. This amended bill is harmful in nature to all Somalis but especially to women, girls and children as it does not protect from child marriage, forced marriage, rape and other forms of sexual abuse."

Link to Petition: http://chng.it/5kJyhZHtFN

Sign away people!

Last edited:

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Are you even going to provide a link to the actual bill so people can read it?

I want to read the actual bill and in Af Soomaali this petition is very vague. What do they mean by "child marriage"? Teens? Pre-teens? Ciyaal that barely hit puberty? Confusing.

1597168190968.png

Make what you want of this, laakin I don't believe the government will back off from this bill. This is islamically premissable and Somalia is 98% muslim.

View attachment 136989

Make what you want of this, laakin I don't believe the government will back off from this bill. This is islamically premissable and Somalia is 98% muslim.
Day by day Somalia sinks further into the abyss.

View attachment 136989

that’s really sick, like don’t you have no morals, so you wanna go back to Somalia and see little 9 year old girls pregnant with a creepy 45 year old man.

View attachment 136989

Forced marriage in Islam is when the individual does not consent. I can't believe these people are going to go against the deen and allow forced marriages like we're Pakistan or Yemen or something.

Most of the people I know hit puberty at a young age (9,10,11). Are we really going to allow 9 year olds to get married in 2020?

View attachment 136989

You cannot force any man or woman young and old to marry someone they do not consent to. The consent can only come from the two potentials NOT parents. This bill is Unislamic. Rape and pedophilia will rise even more.

View attachment 136989

Its a 100% Muslim country, every single Somali is a Muslim

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Anyone who disagrees with this bill has some serious questions they should pose with themselves.

Primarily do you believe Islam as the pure and objective standard of morality

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
The east African nation has high rates of child marriage and violence against women, including rape and female genital mutilation (FGM). The United Nations says 45% of women are married before 18, while 98% have undergone FGM.

:ohlord:

Trending