Permanent COVID damage?

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
My roommate had Covid the same time as I did and we’re now fully recovered. I was basically asymptomatic where as he lost his sense taste and smell. More than a month after recovery, he STILL can’t taste or smell.

My roommate had Covid the same time as I did and we’re now fully recovered. I was basically asymptomatic where as he lost his sense taste and smell. More than a month after recovery, he STILL can’t taste or smell.

Damn, a whole month, and he hasn't got his sense of taste and smell back? As a Somali this makes my heart hurt, a Somali that can't taste or smell baasto and suugo is not even living :mjkkk:

Sabu

Carpe diem cras.
That isn't normal he should try and go see the doctor. As long as he isn't still testing positive that is there might be something more going on.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
That isn't normal he should try and go see the doctor. As long as he isn't still testing positive that is there might be something more going on.
Someone else I know who had is saying the same thing is going on. This other person complains of “brain fog” all the time after getting Covid and recovering.

yup, if you google covid, a lot of people are complaining about permanent damage, everything from decreased lung capacity to cardiovascular issues.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Long term covid issues are a thing. My aunt is a nurse and most complain of higher heart rates light headedness from getting up.

Unfortunately, betacoronaviruses are known for long-term effects like that. These are normally bundled under the catchall term "post-viral fatigue syndrome".

Naturally, they didn't bother telling people about that because the economy was going to be stressed as it is.

There is no need for emergency attention unless he is experiencing acute or very severe symptoms. If it persists, try visiting a GP or your country's equivalent. Be warned, there is very little they can do.

Trending

Latest posts