People who ridicule safe space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Americans like to politicize everything.

There’s nothing wrong with safe safe.

You’re in collage/unit to study , it’s not supposed to be a political ground

And yes free speech should be sacrificed to reduce anything political in campuses

I’ve never seen anything political as a student, perhaps because there’s not much drama in Scandinavia...

Anyway there’s nothing wrong with making a safe space for you to avoid whatever bothers you to focus on why you’re there, to study

Dunno why it’s a big thing, it’s just stupid

US campuses had always been a highly political ground, but that was wrong to begin with

My humble view

And yes free speech should be sacrificed to reduce anything political in campuses

I’ve never seen anything political as a student, perhaps because there’s not much drama in Scandinavia...

Anyway there’s nothing wrong with making a safe space for you to avoid whatever bothers you to focus on why you’re there, to study

US campuses had always been a highly political ground, but that was wrong ti begin with

My humble view

I respectfully disagree on a minor point.

Safe spaces are not problematic if done for expressed legitimate purposes such as offering safe space for victims of domestic violence. LGBT people who face harassment/alienation but universities and political spheres shouldn't be safe spaces.

University is the time that I hope a person is most challenged on an intellectual level with concepts and ideologies that make turn their stomach, not to cause duress but rather to enlighten them and make their own ideas and concepts more robust once they leave university life.

Safe spaces are also extremely problematic in spheres of politics or where political discussion is being had, as safe spaces tun into segmented realities with the consequences being that citizens vote on realities that do not exist and politics is made on dubious basis.

In Scandinavian this has yet to reach American levels of segmentation but is is a growing trend as evident by the Danish People party proposing their very own TV station.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I agree with safe spaces. But I also desire neutral spaces where people are not afraid to voice their opinions.

In a conference for example with someone you don't agree with, why make a scene? How does that make sense?

But if you're controversial, why annoy someone in a public area like a library?

A lot of people lack common sense.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
:liberaltears: I have to worry about alt really the youtubers coming to my campus and starting debates.

I already saw Tomi Lauren again when I was on my campus visit. If I run into Alex Jones I will send a selfie here

This whole drama started when right wingers started to challenge left wingers in university after decades of them being unchallenged. New generation right wingers have learn how to play the left at their own game and the lefties dont like it. Across europa and america right wingers are winning and it will continue until left wingers start to respect people who has different view on life. This whole shaming and shutting people you disagree with will get them nowhere

This whole drama started when right wingers started to challenge left wingers in university after decades of them being unchallenged. New generation right wingers have learn how to play the left at their own game and the lefties dont like it. Across europa and america right wingers are winning and it will continue until left wingers start to respect people who has different view on life. This whole shaming and shutting people you disagree with will get them nowhere

True but the left wants people to be more tolerant while the right sometimes invites racists to campuses

I don’t think anyone is offended by tolerance

I respectfully disagree on a minor point.

Safe spaces are not problematic if done for expressed legitimate purposes such as offering safe space for victims of domestic violence. LGBT people who face harassment/alienation but universities and political spheres shouldn't be safe spaces.

University is the time that I hope a person is most challenged on an intellectual level with concepts and ideologies that make turn their stomach, not to cause duress but rather to enlighten them and make their own ideas and concepts more robust once they leave university life.

Safe spaces are also extremely problematic in spheres of politics or where political discussion is being had, as safe spaces tun into segmented realities with the consequences being that citizens vote on realities that do not exist and politics is made on dubious basis.

In Scandinavian this has yet to reach American levels of segmentation but is is a growing trend as evident by the Danish People party proposing their very own TV station.

Agreed. Safe spaces do have their use in society, but a university is definitely not the right setting. A lecture hall should never be a safe space, as it would be opposed to everything a university stands for. Academia is the one place where no ideas should remain unexplored and where intellectual freedom should be cultivated and cherished above all.

True but the left wants people to be more tolerant while the right sometimes invites racists to campuses

I don’t think anyone is offended by tolerance
Part of being tolerant is accepting people may have different views. Also the left supporting men saying they are women now and basically supporting any madness in the name of accepting everyone is a losing stragety. In uk we had a tranny who was put in womens jail and abused 4 women. He was put there cause he said he lived like a woman for 2 years. Turns out this tranny had abused women in the past as a man. As long as I claim i have lived as a woman for 2 years legally I an a woman. Its shit like this thats turning average people away

The left is a conglomerate of many different groups and ideologies, and can't be condensed down into just a few people protesting on a few college campuses.

Last edited:
Part of being tolerant is accepting people may have different views. Also the left supporting men saying they are women now and basically supporting any madness in the name of accepting everyone is a losing stragety. In uk we had a tranny who was put in womens jail and abused 4 women. He was put there cause he said he lived like a woman for 2 years. Turns out this tranny had abused women in the past as a man. As long as I claim i have lived as a woman for 2 years legally I an a woman. Its shit like this thats turning average people away

Depends on whether those views are intolerant and not inclusive.

It’s not everyone in the right but there’s many provocateurs like racial theorists on intelligence who’ve been speaking on campuses and white supremacists, neither are tolerant.

Well nobody is forcing you to say those men are women , and it’s only the left that allows that freedom to be what they want.

If you’ve given freedom to one minority then you must give everyone, otherwise people will be questioning the criteria and why some enjoy privileges while others don’t. Obviously there are limitations.

It’s like giving one child a chocolate and not the other children, they will be complaining of course. Give everyone or no one, there has to be equality.

US campuses had always been a highly political ground, but that was wrong to begin with

My humble view
There are safe spaces in every college it's called the library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending