PDRC Talks: Confederalism vs Decentralized unitary system

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Duchess we should become like the UAE a loosely united federation whereby most powers and finances are given to the federal member states. Somalia at the national level should no longer have one person who is the president (Head of State) but instead should be ruled by a collective body made up of the leader of every federal state

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@InaShaqalle @Duchess we can adopt a hybrid system also, if the southies truly want centralism, let them have it and go under Villa Somalia, while PL can enjoy confederalist status. It's similar to China and Hong Relationship, who have two different systems yet it's one nation. We don't have to be all under a 'uniform system', we should explore hybrid models also.

The areas which lack governments we can pass a 'tribal treaty reserve' status on them and let the minister of environment manage those areas under a treaty system similar to how the native indians in america have tribal reserves or the masai mara in kenya.

Those ppl should come under the management of the environment. Any area that rejects governance and prefers tribe, well let them have that also but under a 'reserve treaty' and let them live like animals and come under ministerial portfolios for livestock and 'tribes' we will call it.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
@DR OSMAN could you ever support Puntland allowing the FGS exert much more control over her if both the capital city and the premiership were given to MJ?
To me I dont give f*ck regarding Capital or president seat, but I would not listen or take order from Non-MJ.

We share country and before Somalia we were clans each has his own laws.

@Duchess we should become like the UAE a loosely united federation whereby most powers and finances are given to the federal member states. Somalia at the national level should no longer have one person who is the president (Head of State) but instead should be ruled by a collective body made up of the leader of every federal state
Exactly this is what I’m looking for.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
@FBIsomalia you guys should rule whole of Somalia the same way Abu Dhabi clan rules all of the UAE
Before 1991. President power was goal to all clans in Somalia. But since we build new federal Somalia in 2004. We divided power to three branches president, PM and FMS.

Example of it, Xarnaajo couldnt do anything unless we say yes. That shows you how power been divided.

Hawiya thinks by keeping xamar they control Somalia, in reality we make xamar symbolic city lool.

But still military power with President. We will change that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending