PC Nerds so gala.

What do you think about Nvidia's rtx 3000 series coming out.

I might cop the 3080.

apparently the 3000 series blows the 2000 series out of the water

With covid though, shit is gonna be hard to get though. there is only limited stock.

I don't know how the f*ck people spend more than 500 on a GPU. Do you guys even have 4K monitors?

I play FPS at a competitive(potential to actually go pro) level so performance matters a lot.

right now I have an i5 6600k and a GTX 970, and it still does me decent, but games are getting strenuous and require much more power to run.

I am planning a $2000 build with a rtx 3080 and an i7 9700k both those combined should run me about $1200.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I play FPS at a competitive(potential to actually go pro) level so performance matters a lot.

right now I have an i5 6600k and a GTX 970, and it still does me decent, but games are getting strenuous and require much more power to run.

I am planning a $2000 build with a rtx 3080 and an i7 9700k both those combined should run me about $1200.
I'd just wait to see what big Navi offers and the super/ti series although if you definitely need it go for it. What resolution and hz are you going to play on? Pretty sure a 3060 or 3070 will suit your needs.

If motherboard compatibility isn't an issue go Ryzen, the hype train is legit.

I'd just wait to see what big Navi offers and the super/ti series although if you definitely need it go for it. What resolution and hz are you going to play on? Pretty sure a 3060 or 3070 will suit your needs.

If motherboard compatibility isn't an issue go Ryzen, the hype train is legit.

I play on playing 1080 on 240hz. This build is 2000000% overkill af for what I need right now but it allows me a bunch of leeway in case I want to starting playing on 1440p or 4k in the future.

I'm sure a 3070 could handle it but when I'm already spending nearly $600 on a GPU, whats another $200 for the best available option.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
These new cards comin out just in time for the new PS5, these PC companies should atleast give consoles a 3 month period where they are close to catchin up :mjlol:

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I play on playing 1080 on 240hz. This build is 2000000% overkill af for what I need right now but it allows me a bunch of leeway in case I want to starting playing on 1440p or 4k in the future.

I'm sure a 3070 could handle it but when I'm already spending nearly $600 on a GPU, whats another $200 for the best available option.
Look over everything else that comes out then buy the 3080 if there aren't any alternatives, then buy a 1440p high refresh rate monitor.
Exactly I bought a rx580 8gb gpu years ago and it does me wonders :patrice:
I have 1660 super, shit kills at FHD 120hz. I might get something with rtx in a year or two but of it's still viable I'll keep it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What do you think about Nvidia's rtx 3000 series coming out.

I might cop the 3080.

apparently the 3000 series blows the 2000 series out of the water

With covid though, shit is gonna be hard to get though. there is only limited stock.
Its too over priced.. the 2000 series can max out everything.. get something used on ebay/craiglist.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Just a quick question, my girlfriends been bugging so much about the 3000 series, so I'm wanting to cop her the 3080, she doesn't game or anything but uses 3d softwares, doesn't even have a 4k monitor, should I just cop her the 2080ti which is gonna drop in price?

Just a quick question, my girlfriends been bugging so much about the 3000 series, so I'm wanting to cop her the 3080, she doesn't game or anything but uses 3d softwares, b**** doesn't even have a 4k monitor, should I just cop her the 2080ti which is gonna drop in price?
Why would you waste you’re money buying her a 3080 series? Get her a 2000 you can cop it cheap on amazon for less than 100$

You’re still going to lose to a Belarusian kid playing a potato Graphics Card

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
Why would you waste you’re money buying her a 3080 series? Get her a 2000 you can cop it cheap on amazon for less than 100$
2080ti is still going for £500 where I'm from. Is it meant to drop when 3000 is finally sold to consumers.

Trending