Parliament Rejects State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP

Textraordinary parliamentary session held on Thursday which was intended for the legislators of both houses to either pass or block the state of emergency adjourned by the house speaker. According to reports coming from the parliament confirm that there were 107 legislators who were in attendance of the session. Once the voting process started and the parliament house speaker asked members of parliament who are in favor of passing the state of emergency to be passed. There were 40 legislators who were in favor of passing the state of emergency. Mr. Bashe Mohamed Farah, the parliament speaker who chaired the session adjourned it after certain legislators started to boo and heckle. The house speaker informed the legislators that the house will convene on Saturday. There were legislators opposing the motion who after the session accused the house of speaker has violated the constitution. It seems that majority of parliamentarians are opposed to the state of emergency that the president imposed on certain townships in the east of the country due to lack of security.

SirLancelLord

VIP
Update:

Xildhibanadi Gacanta Ka Laabtay Xaladi Degdega Ahayd ee Sanaag -In conclusion, SLD Gov. is majority leader in both chambers and they could easily pass any bill. Therefore, only 38 vote Yes votes and 110 NO votes. It shows gov. own camp rejecting state emergency. https://t.co/JgBGEEXMOT

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
seems like chaotic behaviour is common with landers :axvmm9o:
learn a thing or two from reer puntland
70E7132C-70AF-40B7-BDCE-F8477DAF949F.jpeg

SirLancelLord

VIP
@SirLancelLord
Who suggested state of emergency and what's the meaning behind implementing state of emergency somaliland? Has it something to do with the droughts in Somalia?

State of Emergency was suggested by the Military to the President for Sanaag sheet the 2 police guys were gunned down.

The military council wants an excuse to militarise the region to find the guys who killed them but also to forcefully control the whole region.

Parliament has rejected it the day after the president announced it. Let's see if the executive respect the decision of the'useless' parliament

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
What’s happening in somaliland? first an explosion in wajalle now 2 policemen gunned down?

SirLancelLord

VIP
What’s happening in somaliland? first an explosion in wajalle now 2 policemen gunned down?

Bet you all are happy, People in Somaliland there's a generation born there who don't know conflict.

This is a one-off over the years lots of groups formed to fight against the army and all those groups are non existent now.

Thanks to "Axiom International" who capacity build the defence services and UK MoD.

But what I hate now people are partying in hargeisa and struggling in Sanaag And Awdal

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Bet you all are happy, People in Somaliland there's a generation born there who don't know conflict.

This is a one-off over the years lots of groups formed to fight against the army and all those groups are non existent now.

Thanks to "Axiom International" who capacity build the defence services and UK MoD.

But what I hate now people are partying in hargeisa and struggling in Sanaag And Awdal
Why would i be happy? My family lives in wajalle from my grandmas side, stop being paranoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts