Pandemic glow up or glow down?

Hi ladies,

How was the pandemic for you guys? Did you reach your goals? Shifted your mindset? Became a new person? Developed your perspective on life? Not saying that I changed but I am still in the process

What the pandemic did for me so far:
- Changed from study
- Found finally a hobby
- Improved my Somali
- Started to read books again
- Not feeling the rush to get married. Men prove how trash they are.
- Made me aware of my mental health. I now let things go and happen.
- I became more interested in the deen
- Found the skincare that works for me

So ladies let me know!

Last edited:

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
I just let things flow. Whatever happens, happens. That's what the pandemic taught me, you can't really plan for anything. Still haven't found a skin care routine that works for me tho and I've tried everything under the sun my bank account can testify to that. I don't have acne so that's not the problem but I just want to give my skin that oomph it's missing. Share your routine sis.

I just let things flow. Whatever happens, happens. That's what the pandemic taught me, you can't really plan for anything. Still haven't found a skin care routine that works for me tho and I've tried everything under the sun my bank account can testify to that. I don't have acne so that's not the problem but I just want to give my skin that oomph it's missing. Share your routine sis.

I agree, acceptance plays a big role in your self-development.

I can relate to you. Finding your skincare is a journey. Lots of information will come your way. I was confused in the beginning till I found Hyram on yt. He and the r/skincareaddicts are a good source for finding basic skincare information to start your journey.

Start with the basics. Try to find out what your skin type is and what your skin needs. From there on can you start your journey. I have combination skin.

Set your skincare in this order:
-Use a face cleanser (double cleanse to see the best results)
-Use a hydration serum (I use hyaluronic acid serum)
-Use a chemical exfoliate cleanser (2 times a week) Paula’s choice is IT
- Use now treatments to treat scars/hyperpigmentation or any other problem ( I use tranexamic acid, alpha arbutin, niacinamide, retinol etc. for my hyperpigmentation)
- Use a serum, vitamin c
- Moisturise your skin

PM

- AM? Use your SPF 50 pls, I use sun killer with 0% alcohol

This is my night routine but I avoid retinol and tranexamic acid in the morning. I just use vit c and niacinamide. But do what’s best for your skin. It works for me but it doesn’t have to do for you. Do your investigations please.

My skin loves products from rohto mentholatum, inkey list, the ordinary, Paula’s choice

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
I never used to wear sunscreen I thought that was a white people thing but it really did change my life:2tjlv3e: I'm so much more conscious of the sun now whereas before I didn't even care or put any thought in it.

I never used to wear sunscreen I thought that was a white people thing but it really did change my life:2tjlv3e: I'm so much more conscious of the sun now whereas before I didn't even care or put any thought in it.

Sunscreen is important indeed😭❤️Glad that it worked for u sis

Pandemic wasn’t that good to me my skin broke out horribly because I was working throughout the pandemic( I work in a hospital) and due to wearing masks constantly my face broke out horribly and left me with really bad dark spots and and scarring. The only positive thing was that I had a secure job alhamdullilah and I did continue going to therapy but I have recently started working on my skin a lot and investing in self care such as reading books ect.

Pandemic wasn’t that good to me my skin broke out horribly because I was working throughout the pandemic( I work in a hospital) and due to wearing masks constantly my face broke out horribly and left me with really bad dark spots and and scarring. The only positive thing was that I had a secure job alhamdullilah and I did continue going to therapy but I have recently started working on my skin a lot and investing in self care such as reading books ect.
You're doing well sis! I am proud of you! I also have mask break-out struggles. Hope we can soon stop wearing them. Do you go weekly to therapy? I consider going but it's expensive for a student

You're doing well sis! I am proud of you! I also have mask break-out struggles. Hope we can soon stop wearing them. Do you go weekly to therapy? I consider going but it's expensive for a student
Thankyou sis that means a lot to me ♥️I don’t go therapy weekly only twice a month because it’s quite expensive even though I work I can’t afford paying one a week sessions but if you’re a student there are some therapists that give out huge discounts to students to make it affordable for them xx

I’ve gained so much weight it’s bad :mjlol:wanna be a skinny legend again. I wanna sign up for gym but the idea of strangers watching you work out doesn’t sit right with me.

Xoxoxo

VIP
I’ve gained so much weight it’s bad :mjlol:wanna be a skinny legend again. I wanna sign up for gym but the idea of strangers watching you work out doesn’t sit right with me.
I recommend a female gym! That’s the best place you can ever go wallahi

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Glow down for me
Gained weight
Hormonal acne
Anxiety and low mood

currently working on myself, taking small steps- 15mins exercise, reading or learning new things etc

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
Glow up physically but a glow down mentally. I have been fighting my anxiety, the thought of the possibility of this pandemic staying for only Allah knows how long has been a trigger.

Trending