PAKISTAN ELECTIONS: INTERNET & TELCO TAKEN DOWN

Popular Ex cricket star and Prime Minister Imran khan was jailed 2 years ago, for making inflammatory statements towards the us and the western world (no link handy but it was something to the effect of "we will not be a puppet")

His case was updated last month, extendingin his sentence to 10 years in jail, with Pakistani elections slated for February

Theres been some unrest in Pakistan due to

-the Imran Khan situation, a popular elected leader being sidelined by the military junta

-the gaza situation, as the only Muslim nation with confirmed nuclear capacity, along with a respected intelligence service, theres a sense that Pakistan has the capacity to intervene. However, the Pakistan military establishment is for all intents and purposes a US client state. The gaza situation heightens the fragment between the muslim Pakistani population, and the ruling US allies

-economic woes, global recession.

Despite his sentence, Imran Khan is STILL ON THE BALLOT, and the Pakistani people wait to see if he wins, and if his charges will stand.

Pakistan is very unstable for a country with nuclear weapons
It is, I want to learn more about how their relationship with the us has been. Because from my pov, to be a sovereign nation you need nukes or someone youre 99% sure will use them for you.

-ukraine had nukes, gave them up, invaded and will lose territory within a generation if giving up the nukes
-saddam hussein didnt get nukes, the west flipped on him and Iraq is in shambles
-same with gaddahfi

But Pakistan has nukes, a proud nationalistic population (rivalry with India helps this a lot, great nations tend to be built when you have an 'other') but still under the thumb of us interests. From what I know, having the nukes gave them some leeway with respect to the war on terror and their role in it (afaik the pakistani intelligence helped train a lot of Mujahideen, some alongside usa some on their own) but its a surprise to see.

Pakistan is a country controlled by the security apparatus and the west, Khan was too close to the Chinese/Russians.

Trending

Latest posts