Owning a dog haram or halal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
German sheppards are ok they very loyal dog. I would recommend argentian dogo they grow up to become beasts with the proper training.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Halal bro, if it licks your hand just wash it 7 times with salt and water, dogs are a praiseworthy animal, when Allah mentions the story of the 7 youth and the dog who sought refuge to the cave , Allah didn't mention any of the names of the youths but He mentioned the name of the dog, which was Raqeem, so when I get a dog, and a big one at that, Imma call that boy Raqeem insha Allah.

Dogs were considered haram in the Ancient Middle East because of rabies. This was a terrible disease that used to kill a lot of people.

Pigs were considered haram in the Ancient Middle East because they have a tendency to roll around in mud and this used to spoil wells. You can imagine that in a dry region like the Middle East that people would get angry if a pig destroyed their well.

Neither of the two scenarios are a factor in the modern world.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Ali Dheere the liar, do you not know there was a large tribe called Banu Kalb from the south of the Euphrates? Their name "Kalb" means dog, because of how much dogs they had that aided them in guarding their heard as well as catching game.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Its not haram but owning one is frowned upon. You are seen as the accepter of filth if you own one in your home.

There is a narration of Abraham (as) having over 1,000 dogs in his life, and to each he attached a golden nugget on a string, when asked why he said "it belongs to them, not to the selfish human"

There is a narration of Abraham (as) having over 1,000 dogs in his life, and to each he attached a golden nugget on a string, when asked why he said "it belongs to them, not to the selfish human"

How come no Muslim family has a dog but alot of cats?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Its not haram but owning one is frowned upon. You are seen as the accepter of filth if you own one in your home.

There are tribes in somalia who own and use dogs for their livelyhood.

How come no Muslim family has a dog but alot of cats?

There are plenty of muslim people with dogs. :yloezpe:
Most non western people don't have the fascination with them as white people do that's why you don't see them as often.

There are tribes in somalia who own and use dogs for their livelyhood.

There are plenty of muslim people with dogs. :yloezpe:
Most non western culture don't have the fascination with them as white people do that's why you don't see them as often.

Yes some use them as guard dogs and some farmers use them. That's different.

I meant as a pet.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Haram in your house

Halal for protection and in a doghouse .

Al-Khattaabi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image that it is forbidden to keep. With regard to that which it is not forbidden to keep, such as a dog for hunting, farming or guarding livestock, or images that are not dealt with in a respectful manner (such as) those on carpets, pillows and the like, the angels are not prevented from entering because of them. End quote.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Not all Muslims agree that it's haram to have a dog in your house either. Let's not act like all Muslims follow one madhab.

I know its saliva is nijaas. So ask yourself do you want to constantly wash the area where its saliva came into contact? dont forget you have to clean its xaar aswell.

Dogs to Haraam according to the Hadeeth, you can only use it for protection. Its one of the "Anjas" Animals!

Get a cat or a piranha just like me!

I know its saliva is nijaas. So ask yourself do you want to constantly wash the area where its saliva came into contact? dont forget you have to clean its xaar aswell.

I was just thinking picking up dog shit has got to be one of the most undignified things in the world. And then I remembered you have to clean cat shit as well.
Basically, don't get any pets ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts