Outrage Culture....Dakota Fanning Under Fire

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
I’ve noticed people land on different sides of this depending on the story, despite the fact that it’s the same concept.

The same people who defend Dakota in this unusual role, make fun of the Black Disney princess, or how movies are starting to incorporate “token” minority roles.
The story is about a white British girl who gets abandoned in Africa by her parents and raised in Ethiopia. wtf do you want? A black girl to play her part? What’s wrong with these ppl.

VixR

Veritas
The story is about a white British girl who gets abandoned in Africa by her parents and raised in Ethiopia. wtf do you want? A black girl to play her part? What’s wrong with these ppl.
True. It’s because the plot itself is an absurdity. Re-read that sentence lol.

Meanwhile, actual minority roles, like with the ScarJo debacle, they couldn’t cast real life minority actors in. I still think she should be allowed to play it, though.

I reject the idea that you have to experience a role to act in it, or to write about it. But, you know what, it wouldn’t be a topic of conversation if the people whom the roles were written for also starred in them beyond token scenes.

VixR

Veritas
Let’s admit the storyline is retarded.

If anything, White people adopt abandoned Ethiopians/Africans vs. abandoning White children in Ethiopia, or anywhere in Africa for that matter:drakelaugh:

Who tf goes all the way to Ethiopia to abandon their child when they can abandon them closer to home in whatever bumfuck corner of England?

And really? She became Muslim, not Orthodox? Nope, because becoming a boring old Christian isn’t minority status-y enough, but wait, there’s a twist...she’s now a White Muslim, making her a minority within a minority. Minority Inception.

Trending