oromos wearing alindi guntiino to their cultural show

Hamzza

VIP
@alien
You need to understand that Oromos are just an extension of the Somali race, they always wore Guntiino.
FB_IMG_16650432251543403.jpg
FB_IMG_16650432377705429.jpg

They are literally are neighbors and Cushites. Obviously, their traditional clothes are going to be the same as ours. I don’t understand what is controversial about a group who are very similar to us also having similar attire. I’d be surprised if they didn’t tbh.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Jobless somalis outraged about oromos wearing ”our” clothing while ours and pretty much every culture in the world borrows stuff from other people. Get a damn grip people. Oromos are our neighbours and its given they share stuff with us.

Somalis have even gone so far that now every oromo or other horner has to clarify baati/guntiino/dirac is ”somali” while posting videos wearing one. Same people wearing other peoples clothing daily.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
They are literally are neighbors and Cushites. Obviously, their traditional clothes are going to be the same as ours. I don’t understand what is controversial about a group who are very similar to us also having similar attire. I’d be surprised if they didn’t tbh.
tbh this neighbour excuse is getting old. we neighbour afar but we dont wear their jewlery or their textiles. we historically neightboured the abysinians, yet we never wear their clothes. so why do oromos always wear somali clothes. i just saw a video of an oromo wearing a guntiino with a gorgorad underneath. and it was the western modern guntiino.

this is why they wear our clothes so much. shaash, baati, guntiino, dirac, alindi etc. because of somalians like you who allow them to. we never wear their headwear despite us being neighbours

tbh this neighbour excuse is getting old. we neighbour afar but we dont wear their jewlery or their textiles. we historically neightboured the abysinians, yet we never wear their clothes. so why do oromos always wear somali clothes. i just saw a video of an oromo wearing a guntiino with a gorgorad underneath. and it was the western modern guntiino.
Afars literally wear Gunntinos. People borrow and take from each other when their neighbors and of the same origin which Afars and Oromos are.

Would you ever see an Englishmen berating their French cousins for historically dressing the exact same as them? No.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

this is why they wear our clothes so much. shaash, baati, guntiino, dirac, alindi etc. because of somalians like you who allow them to. we never wear their headwear despite us being neighbours

Same somalis who wear the western suit and the white dress to their weddings, look into the mirror before speaking against others:dead:

This attitude is why somalis did not assimilate most of the horn, fake supremacy or in this debacle, insecurity

alien

📍outer space
VIP
Afars literally wear Gunntinos. People borrow and take from each other when their neighbors and of the same origin which Afars and Oromos are.

Would you ever see an Englishmen berating their French cousins for historically dressing the exact same as them? No.
never heard an afar wearing guntiino. they tie their fabric across their waist.

idrc cause they are not strict with their culture. if we let people take take and take from us, we'll be left like the english and french. no culture at all. let us preserve our culture
Same somalis who wear the western suit and the white dress to their weddings, look into the mirror before speaking against others:dead:

This attitude is why somalis did not assimilate most of the horn, fake supremacy or in this debacle, insecurity
i agree. somalis shouldnt be wearing western suits. but somali men are inferior and wish they were the western man. so theyve given up their clothes. doesnt mean we should let non somalis claim our culture and present it as theirsp

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

Other ethnic groups wearing our clothing should be flattering, it shows how influential we are. We had influence and it shows.

People copy each other all the time, but diaspora who over the night turned nationalist don’t realise this. Embarrassing, especially with the amount of ”stuff” we have borrowed.

It’s so dumb. Oromos and Afars are Cushites and originate in the exact same location we did. They are in effect our ethnic cousins. So why wouldn’t they have the same attire as us? Why is it always Somalis who think like this. Do you see the French lamenting the Belgium or the British for essentially always historically dressing like them?

idrc cause they are not strict with their culture. if we let people take take and take from us, we'll be left like the english and french. no culture at all. let us preserve our culture
Historically, when they did have a culture and wore bodices and corsets, they dressed the exact same thing. Why? Because they are of similar origins. Naturally they’ll look and dress the same. What makes Somalis different in that regard? Guuntinos are essentially very old historical attire that we probably wore for centuries and the Oromos being of a similar origin wore it as well.

The Habeshas aren’t solely Cushitic, despite having significant Cushitic blood, and we’re not as related to them the way we are with Oromos and Afars. So, yes their clothes are going to be a lot more different.

Also, another thing you need to take into account is that neighboring tribes and ethnic groups have always influenced each other whether it be for trade, proximity ect. Our cooking style has significantly changed due to trading with the Indians and Yemenis, yet all our dishes I would still argue are authentically Somali despite that.
i agree. somalis shouldnt be wearing western suits. but somali men are inferior and wish they were the western man. so theyve given up their clothes. doesnt mean we should let non somalis claim our culture and present it as theirsp
Those non Somalis I.e the Oromos are of the same origin and neighbors. It is insane for you to assume their culture and attire wouldn’t be similar. It is literally the case of a Nigerian fighting with a person from Benin about certain clothes, it is nonsensical.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP

At this point you are trolling but I fear you are the type of person who camps on tiktok comments whenever oromos/horners wear ”somali” clothing. Let me break it down for you.

Bariis iyo hilib, the most known somali dish would not exist without foreign influence. Many of the spices and bariis/rice itself comes from Asia. The banana we even add sometimes is from Asia. But nobody is not saying the bariis iyo hilib is not a somali dish. We have our unique way doing it and it tastes different from other rice and meat dishes.

In the case of other horners wearing our clothing, by trade or other way, they have started wearing our clothes. @Hamzza posted picture of oromos wearing similar clothing to somalis. You can see clearly the overall similarity they have with us. People share and all ethnic groups borrow from others.

The names for chicken in somali is either Dooro or digaag. Digaag is arabic while dooro could be amharic/ethio-semetic word @Shimbiris @Al-Ma'mun. We share stuff with our neighbours, get over it. Guntiino/dirac is much as theirs as its ours.

If you disagree then lets get rid of all foreign influence from our culture. A lot will be intact but things we took for granted will disappear and I know people like you won’t do it so stop policing others.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
It’s so dumb. Oromos and Afars are Cushites and originate in the exact same location we did. They are in effect our ethnic cousins. So why wouldn’t they have the same attire as us? Why is it always Somalis who think like this. Do you see the French lamenting the Belgium or the British for essentially always historically dressing like them?

The amount of french influence in english is insane, the damn english language has so many loanwords its crazy. Still, nobody cares. Why, because they have better things to do then our jobless people.

Trending

Latest posts