Oromo QnA session

btw @Abba Sadacha can you tell us why you joined an all Somali forum, and not an Oromo one instead?
How have your views changed on Somali people before joining and after?

ASLO!!! Is there an online Oromo forum like this one that I can lurk in?

giphy.gif

I've actually been on here for awhile.
Used to be on somnet but then it kind of became an inactive forum.
Having spent a lot of time with Somalis, I feel at home with shiney forehead having people who worship Allaah alone.
Still love Somalis. I know a few bad apples here and there CANNOT represent their entire nation.
I'm not aware of any Oromo forums but mereja is where many Ethiopians and eritreans exchange views.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Abba Sadacha Question, are Oromo Muslims and Oromo Christians close or rivals? I've been recently reading Ethiopian history and apparently, the Menelik's troops were overwhelmingly manned by Oromo Christians, and they conquered the Oromo Muslim provinces like Arsi, Bale, Guji, Borana, and Hararghe. I've heard Oromo Muslims hate Menelik while Oromo Christians praise him. Is this true?

@Abba Sadacha come in. I want to know more about the Oromo physce. Would appreciate if you participated in this QnA since your the only Oromo here that I know of. I have no malicious intent. I'm just simply curious.

For everyone else feel free to tag another oromo user if you know of one, or just ask question about Oromo people
_ __ ____________ __ __ ___________________ __ __ ____________ __ _

So I have seen some Oromos online claim Somali native lands as their ancestral Lands. Do you think Somali people stole Oromo land?
I have also seen Oromo claim the Somali clan Dir to be Oromo origins. What are you thoughts on this?

Do you think all cushites originated from Oromos?

How is your ethnic group the most oppressed in Ethiopia yet the most populous?

What are your thoughts on the Somali Oromo Ethnic tension in Ethiopia?
Although Oromia is pretty well built and more wealthier than Any Somali regions

Why are Oromos taking their chances in Somalia and moving in mass numbers?

Do Oromos have their own unique culture or are they just a cultural fusion of Habasha, and Somali culture?

Did Oromos ever build a civilization?

What is your views on the Great Oromo migration?
OMG GIRL DO YOU READ AVA'S DEMON TOO?

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Garre, degoodia, the entire madaxweyn sub of dir are former oromos
Madaxweyne dir are the original somalis mate....as in most somalis come from them how could they be oromo? Garre I can understand although it isnโ€™t true I can understand why you would think that degodia is a bit of a weird one since their somali but choose to be oromo sometimes when in reality their just somalis with an identity crisis

Oromos have the largest land in Ethiopia. They need to fix there own region and support there own people instead of behaving like vagabonds and leeching off of others.

Are Oromos welcoming to Somalis in their own regions? The answer is no. We should not let them into our land under any circumstance. They have their own region. We have our own country. These bums are the largest ethnic group but get treated like second class citizens. They need to focus on themselves.

Not really, most populous yes but not larges and Ogadeniya has lost around 70,000 sq Km, it used to be 400,00 sq and oromo got given that, oromo has always been the second largest in terms of land

and oromo even robbed land from woliyat and sidama

1606584197666.png

1606584224581.png

Not really, most populous yes but not larges and Ogadeniya has lost around 70,000 sq Km, it used to be 400,00 sq and oromo got given that, oromo has always been the second largest in terms of land

and oromo even robbed land from woliyat and sidama

View attachment 155837

View attachment 155838

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_Ethiopia
the same page says oromia is 284,538 and somali is 279,252
so how reliable is it? plus can't anyone edit wiki? Lol.

and lol as if oromo's are the only ones who conquered lands. somalis did it better than most in africa bro.

Somalis always tend to be negative when it comes to who they perceive as outsiders due to centuries of simi-isolation ,
we basically dislike everyone.

Oromos are our closest kin, and afaan Oromo is the closest language to Af Soomaali , so be nice to our Tol waryaada , @Abba Sadacha is our marti soo dhaweeya :salute:

If only Somalis and Oromos were United and not killing each others over tribal rivalries they could have been the kings and king makers of all of this
6qe51e.png

@Abba Sadacha Question, are Oromo Muslims and Oromo Christians close or rivals? I've been recently reading Ethiopian history and apparently, the Menelik's troops were overwhelmingly manned by Oromo Christians, and they conquered the Oromo Muslim provinces like Arsi, Bale, Guji, Borana, and Hararghe. I've heard Oromo Muslims hate Menelik while Oromo Christians praise him. Is this true?

We're close, we often live together as well. Our problem is our political leaders, not our people. We're united for the most part.
Menelik's army was diverse, it was led by an oromo christian, but had an element of muslim oromo warriors from wollo. it was they, who protected him, when he escaped from the mountain fortress of magdala, when emperor tewodros was still in power.
very few oromo's praise him, and you must keep in mind that, some oromo's were part of the conquerors, and some were conquered, it depended on the region.
like jimma, where my grandfather's from, submitted peacefully, and in exchange paid a yearly tribute, and also, no churches were built in our lands.

Somalis always tend to be negative when it comes to who they perceive as outsiders due to centuries of simi-isolation ,
we basically dislike everyone.

Oromos are our closest kin, and afaan Oromo is the closest language to Af Soomaali , so be nice to our Tol waryaada , @Abba Sadacha is our marti soo dhaweeya :salute:

If only Somalis and Oromos were United and not killing each others over tribal rivalries they could have been the kings and king makers of all of this
6qe51e.png

thanks bro. here's a gift: