Oromo QnA session

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
they are related no doubt. oromo, somali, afar, saho, all are related for sure, and share some vocabulary too.

• 1 – tokko
  • 2 – lama
  • 3 – sadi
  • 4 – afur
  • 5 – shan
  • 6 – jaya
  • 7 – torba
  • 8 – saddeet
  • 9 – sagal
  • 10 – khudan
  • 11 – khuda-tokko
  • 12 – khuda-lama
  • 13 – khuda-sadi
  • 14 – khuda-afur
  • 15 – khuda-shan
  • 16 – khuda-jaya
  • 17 – khuda-torba
  • 18 – khuda-saddeet
  • 19 – khuda-sagal
  • 20 – digdama
  • 30 – soddoma
  • 40 – afurtama
  • 50 – shantama
  • 60 – jaatama
  • 70 – torbatama
  • 80 – saddeetama
  • 90 – sagaltama
  • 100 – dhibba
  • 1,000 – kuma
now compare that to somali numbers:

one hal
first kow
two labo
second labaad
three saddex
third saddexaad
four afar
fourth afaraad
five shan
fifth shanaad
six lix
sixth lixaad
seven toddobo
seventh toddobaad
eight sideed
eighth sideedaad
nine sagaal
ninth sagaalaad
ten toban
tenth tobanaad
eleven kow iyo toban
eleventh kow iyo tobanaad
twelve laba iyo toban
twelfth laba iyo tobanaad
thirteen saddex iyo toban
thirteenth saddex iyo tobanaad
fourteen afar iyo toban

They are related kulahaa. Cuddy all you've shared here is the Somali influence in the Oromo language.

It dont mean we cousins
:manny:

They are related kulahaa. Cuddy all you've shared here is the Somali influence in the Oromo language.

It dont mean we cousins
:manny:

How do you know that our language, along with Arabic, didn't influence y'alls language?
that's how things usually work, you know, neighbors influencing each other? Lol!
and okay, you can deny the truth if you want.

Amazonian

How do you know that our language, along with Arabic, didn't influence y'alls language?
that's how things usually work, you know, neighbors influencing each other? Lol!
and okay, you can deny the truth if you want.

But It was me who was pimp slapping your warriors and wiving their Oromo Halimos as concubines. How can you influence me when you are a slave in your own country? When the only history you have Is the Oromo migration? You should be thanking us for blessing you with whatever bootlegged culture you have today. Dont get me wrong tho, you can say we're neighbors but cousins? You trippin bro lol

But It was me who was pimp slapping your warriors and wiving their Oromo Halimos as concubines. How can you influence me when you are a slave in your own country? When the only history you have Is the Oromo migration? You should be thanking us for blessing you with whatever bootlegged culture you have today. Dont get me wrong tho, you can say we're neighbors but cousins? You trippin bro lol

So, we just happen to look alike, have similar languages, etc, but aren't related?
MAKE that MAKE sense, then, O' ignorant one?!

Amazonian

That's no way to speak to your brother-in-law. :reallymaury:

Just because I'm dating an Oromo girl rn doesn't mean I'll ever be okay with or ignore topics claiming my identity. Oromos start of by claiming we're cousins, then they say we're brothers, and next thing you know is they're claiming Somalis are another lost Oromo tribe

Niggas out here really tryna Tutsizone us :kodaksmiley:

Last edited:

Amazonian

So, we just happen to look alike, have similar languages, etc, but aren't related?
MAKE that MAKE sense, then, O' ignorant one?!

The Oromo girl I'm dating looks 100% Hebasha and she doesnt even look anything like an Oromo. Most of the Oromos I've met have always looked Ethiopian and never Somali.
Short asf and they come packing with some extra kinky hair. Nothing about them looks Somali.

Mcqueeny

Original Farax Slayer
Just because I'm dating an Oromo girl rn doesn't mean I'll ever be okay with or ignore topics claiming my identity. Oromos start of by claiming we're cousins, then they say we're brothers, and next thing you know is they're claiming Somalis are a lost Oromo tribe

Niggas out here really tryna Tutsizone us :kodaksmiley:

Here's a video of an Oromo claiming to be Dir and saying they will takeover Somalia:

The Oromo girl I'm dating looks 100% Hebasha and she doesnt even look anything like an Oromo. Most of the Oromos I've met have always looked Ethiopian and never Somali.
Short asf and they come packing with some extra kinky hair. Nothing about them looks Somali.

Habeshas, besides their height, can fit in pretty well among somalis, if they learn the language. I've seen it first hand my brazer.
Like Somalis, we too are diverse in looks. I've seen somalis who look like bantus, big lips, noses, and so on. then some with the traditional cushitic/hamitic look, with thinner noses, thinner lips, etc.

@Abba Sadacha have your ancestors been assimilated by Oromos or something? You seem desperate for outside acceptance. :mjpls:

I am an Oromo, with some Sil'te blood too. and no i do not care for acceptance, but like reminding some stubborn beoble of mine that we're related, and in the end, our ethnicity won't save us from Allaah's wrath either, so it matters not who is what.

Amazonian

I'm 6 feet, that's not bad i guess, but alhamdulilah I am strong, and not skinny, and can leg press 1,000 Lbs with relative ease; so one swift kick of mines would send a skinny person flying miles LOL :D
I made just one small short joke

And my man hit me with that famous skinny baad tahay :dead: :deadrose:

but lol, somalis are tall, i wonder if it's the diet of camel meat and milk? the environment? idk.
but i've seen my fair share of average to short somalis, when i lived in a city full of them [Atlanta, or stone mountain/Decatur/Clarkston, etc].

Mcqueeny

Original Farax Slayer
I am an Oromo, with some Sil'te blood too. and no i do not care for acceptance, but like reminding some stubborn beoble of mine that we're related, and in the end, our ethnicity won't save us from Allaah's wrath either, so it matters not who is what.

Look if you guys stay in your lands and leave us alone we will have zero issues. That's all. Somalia for Somalis I don't like the idea of forced diversity and fake brotherhood. We are brothers and sisters in Islam only but that doesn't obligate anything else. Stay in your place.

Amazonian

but lol, somalis are tall, i wonder if it's the diet of camel meat and milk? the environment? idk.
but i've seen my fair share of average to short somalis, when i lived in a city full of them [Atlanta, or stone mountain/Decatur/Clarkston, etc].

How come the only fine Oromo Halimos are from the Wolega tribe? (Spelling may be a lil off)

Trending

Latest posts