Oromo QnA session

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
his country is in a civil war that was supposed to end like 3 weeks ago according to derg regime :silanyolaugh:
Don't be like that. This is an Oromo safe space thread.

Im trying to get questions answered here, and not chase away the only active Oromo in this forum :mahubowtf:

On Oromo civilizations of the past, read this link:

The so called Oromo migration is what we all did-conquer new lands, to have farm lands and water resources, to feed our people. Part of it was also the Gada system, every 8 years, the warriors had to seek new conquests, and fight, so part of that entailed conquering new lands. but the point was, hey, we have all this cattle/livestock, and need lands and water to farm, so let's go conquer some stuff.
somalis were like :''brazer, we need land and water since we are nomads, so let's go conquer some stuff.''

habeshas were like ''lol yo, our land has been devastated by war, and our elites are too lazy to farm and work, so let's beg the white man for guns, to conquer other africans, so they can work and feed us.''

Nafiso Qalanjo

Like it or not , Somalia belongs to Somalis and oromos. We're cousins
Just come out already as a Ethiopian larping as a Somali already. We all know your not a real geeljire :hillarybiz:

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Do you disagree with what I said ? Btw I'm a neo geeljire

Skjermbilde 2020-11-24 kl. 20.28.32.png

salma saluuni

For the thrillπŸ’ƒπŸ½
I wanna know why so many Somalis including my parents believe that Somalis and oromos are cousins. Apparently oromos are the only ethnic group closest to Somalis. Is there some truth to this guys or is it just fairytale stories?

Nafiso Qalanjo

Last edited:

Nafiso Qalanjo

I wanna know why so many Somalis including my parents believe that Somalis and oromos are cousins. Apparently oromos are the only ethnic group closest to Somalis. Is there some truth to this guys or is it just fairytale stories?
I have seen Oromos online all about that cushitic unity. I think they are more ''we wuz cushites n shiet'' than us. We are more ethnic centric. @Abba Sadacha what is your opinion on this?

Oromo's are less ethnic centric than some of our neighbors, and we believe that somalis and afars are among the closest people to us, so we advocate for unity with them.

Lol, wut? We're mostly Muslims, so we do not discuss ''mating,'' our deen forbids it, rather, when possible, we get married and keep halal relations with our wife/wives behind closed doors. and of course, satisfying her is a must, and is her right. :D

they are related no doubt. oromo, somali, afar, saho, all are related for sure, and share some vocabulary too.

• 1 – tokko
  • 2 – lama
  • 3 – sadi
  • 4 – afur
  • 5 – shan
  • 6 – jaya
  • 7 – torba
  • 8 – saddeet
  • 9 – sagal
  • 10 – khudan
  • 11 – khuda-tokko
  • 12 – khuda-lama
  • 13 – khuda-sadi
  • 14 – khuda-afur
  • 15 – khuda-shan
  • 16 – khuda-jaya
  • 17 – khuda-torba
  • 18 – khuda-saddeet
  • 19 – khuda-sagal
  • 20 – digdama
  • 30 – soddoma
  • 40 – afurtama
  • 50 – shantama
  • 60 – jaatama
  • 70 – torbatama
  • 80 – saddeetama
  • 90 – sagaltama
  • 100 – dhibba
  • 1,000 – kuma
now compare that to somali numbers:

one hal
first kow
two labo
second labaad
three saddex
third saddexaad
four afar
fourth afaraad
five shan
fifth shanaad
six lix
sixth lixaad
seven toddobo
seventh toddobaad
eight sideed
eighth sideedaad
nine sagaal
ninth sagaalaad
ten toban
tenth tobanaad
eleven kow iyo toban
eleventh kow iyo tobanaad
twelve laba iyo toban
twelfth laba iyo tobanaad
thirteen saddex iyo toban
thirteenth saddex iyo tobanaad
fourteen afar iyo toban

Nafiso Qalanjo

Oromo's are less ethnic centric than some of our neighbors, and we believe that somalis and afars are among the closest people to us, so we advocate for unity with them.

Lol, wut? We're mostly Muslims, so we do not discuss ''mating,'' our deen forbids it, rather, when possible, we get married and keep halal relations with our wife/wives behind closed doors. and of course, satisfying her is a must, and is her right. :D
welp @Amazonian seems like those old men lied to you. :duckr:

Mcqueeny

Original Farax Slayer

Hold up, hold up, hold up. Are you trying to give me a heart-attack Salma? I've never heard of those words being spoken in my life ! :faysalwtf:

Trending