Oromo Barbershop

I mentioned this in another thread but it was funny and I was surprised by it so here it is.

There's this barbershop I've been going to for years in the Somali Mall, and it always stood out to me because unlike everybody else in the Mall who speaks Somali they speak some other weird lanaguage, which I would come to find to be Oromo.

So basically I go there to get a haircut, while I'm waiting, somebody tries to speak Somali with him, man turns to me and asks me to translate, which I do, but I'm taken aback, as, he's Somali, he should be able to speak it right??

I get in the chair, he gives me the haircut, while we're talking, I ask him what he is, he told me Oromo, and half the other barbers are too. He's from Minneapolis tho.

I ain't even know we had Oromos in Minneapolis so it was a surprise.
:wtf:

I mentioned this in another thread but it was funny and I was surprised by it so here it is.

There's this barbershop I've been going to for years in the Somali Mall, and it always stood out to me because unlike everybody else in the Mall who speaks Somali they speak some other weird lanaguage, which I would come to find to be Oromo.

So basically I go there to get a haircut, while I'm waiting, somebody tries to speak Somali with him, man turns to me and asks me to translate, which I do, but I'm taken aback, as, he's Somali, he should be able to speak it right??

I get in the chair, he gives me the haircut, while we're talking, I ask him what he is, he told me Oromo, and half the other barbers are too. He's from Minneapolis tho.

Theirs a lot of Oromos in Minneapolis, I was born and raised there & always encountered Oromos .Theirs 40,000 Oromos in the state of Minnesota, how do you live in Minnesota & never seen or heard about Oromos? :what1: Theirs a lot of Oromos that live in the cedar riverside plaza too where all the Somalis live.

is this at 24? cause they practically rule the barbershops round minneapolis

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’m from Minnesota and I’ve never seen oromo until I was at the barbershop with my brother (I’m a girl). He spoke somali to us and then he picked up his phone and spoke some Ethiopian sounding language, turns out he’s oromo. Lmaooo how we have the same story?? The only difference is this oromo speaks somali aswell

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
for a second when he said translate I thought he meant translate it into af-oromo because he thought you were also oromo lmao

that would have been funny. What would you do if an oromo mistakes you as an oromo?