Origins of the Somali Civil War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem to be the best and most clear one I have seen regarding the Somali civil war, could have been a bit more detailed but he would probably get a headache if he tried.

Woops thought I posted this in history.

Seem to be the best and most clear one I have seen regarding the Somali civil war, could have been a bit more detailed but he would probably get a headache if he tried.

I also recommend his videos on the origins of Islam. They're pretty good but they have an obvious Shia bias to them.

Woops thought I posted this in history.

I also recommend his videos on the origins of Islam. They're pretty good but they have an obvious Shia bias to them.

He's Azerbaijani so most of his videos have regarding turkey or Islam is going to have a pro Turkish/Shia view but I can see he is trying to be as non partisan as he can be

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The origins of Somalia's collapse lie in the fact that you cannot build a modern nation-state with pastoralism being the base of economic production. Somalia failed in producing enough to feed its people, the most basic thing a country should be able to achieve.Somalia failed because it was too poor and the country was too big to rule with the resources that could be extracted from it. The problem would have gotten much if Somalia had won control of the Ogaden and the collapse would have been even more catastrophic.

This is why I am for letting go of Somaliland. Somalia has a much better chance of becoming functioning nation-state if we reduce the country's size and population. We won't be losing Middle Shabelle but largely empty scrubland with no economic value. It would also reduce Ethiopia's influence in Somali politics that has as its main goal opposition to a strong state emerging in Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending