Origin of the word 'Gaal'

Do you know Arabic ?

The triliteral word ( kafr ) is not only found in the Arabic language, but is also present in other Semitic languages. The biliteral linguistic root is found in the Somali language .

What is the meaning of the word kfr ( كَفَرَ kafara ) in the Quranic verses ?
Kafara means disbelieved, you're not proving anything

I believe the word "Gaal" is derived from "Galla".

After we (Somalis) reverted to Islam, we had serious conflicts with the Galla to the point we drove them out of our land.

NidarNidar

Punisher
I believe the word "Gaal" is derived from "Galla".

After we (Somalis) reverted to Islam, we had serious conflicts with the Galla to the point we drove them out of our land.
Oromo never lived in Somalia regions ever, they only started moving out of their ancestral homeland in the Southwest in the 16th century.

Oromo never lived in Somalia regions ever, they only started moving out of their ancestral homeland in the Southwest in the 16th century.

Gallas (especially Borana) used to live all the way Nugaal, Sanaag, and Bari). We learned from elders the places they fought us and how they were driven out of our territories.

for instance, Nugaal was a Borana king. He was killed and areas that his people once settled today is called Nugaal.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Gallas (especially Borana) used to live all the way Nugaal, Sanaag, and Bari). We learned from elders the places they fought us and how they were driven out of our territories.

for instance, Nugaal was a Borana king. He was killed and areas that his people once settled today is called Nugaal.
I highly doubt that, what are your sources?

Even Oromo timelines match this spread from the 16th century.

1706060638150.png

Not true, I’d say before Somalis moved southwards, the land was inhabited by the Harla, who were driven into extinction and or absorbed by the incoming Somalis, the Harla are hypothesised to have been mainly absorbed the Darod, where they are now counted as a branch of it. The Harla were probably similar to the Rendille and were speakers of a somaloid language, but persisted with their Waaq religion until they were defeated and islamised at the hands of the incoming Somali clans

Not true, I’d say before Somalis moved southwards, the land was inhabited by the Harla, who were driven into extinction and or absorbed by the incoming Somalis, the Harla are hypothesised to have been mainly absorbed the Darod, where they are now counted as a branch of it. The Harla were probably similar to the Rendille and were speakers of a somaloid language, but persisted with their Waaq religion until they were defeated and islamised at the hands of the incoming Somali clans

Xarla Koombe is part of the Daarood family and therefore fully Somali.

Only problem with that theory is that archaeologists found the Hara Islamic sites to show signs of show evidence of non-Muslim and highly Muslim practicing societies coexisting. That doesn’t point to a defeat, more like a gradual adoption of Islam through Dawah and trade.

Maybe Harla +Darood and other Somali ancestors=same. And thus it would just be a case of Somali inventing jihad origins for themselves and distancing themselves from their pagan ancestors.

Even the name Dar-ood seems like it might be related to stone builders of some sort.

Trending

Latest posts