Origin of large number of minefields in Northern Somalia (Somaliland region) explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
This is a map secessionists are running around with trying to pass it as 100% Siad Bare government mines. A large amount of the mines were laid in inter SNM clan wars.

Exhibit A: Berbera

"Small numbers of mines were laid defensively by the Isse Muse/Habar Awal Militia before the attack on Berbera. After capturing Berbera, the Habr Yunis and Idegale militias mined approaches to the town to deter a counter-offensive by the Isse Muse militia; this was the first documented use of mines in Somaliland since the fall of the Siad Bare government"

Violent deeds live on: landmines in Somalia and Somaliland region, Rakiya Omar, 1993

LvtOptS.png

imageproxy-1.png

Bohol

VIP
So these fools can just step on one and it is bye bye adunya and hello akiro

Those mines (largely in part due to previous clan clashes) still kill people to this day.

Mine explodes in October neighborhood, east Burco.

Talaado, November 05, 2013 (HOL) — Hal qof ayaa ku geeriyooday shalay magaalada Burco kaddib markii uu gaari uu watay miino kula qaraxday xaafada Oktoobar ee magaalada Burco ee Somaliland.

https://www.hiiraan.com/news/2013/nov/wararka_maanta5-43931.htm

Gaari_Miino_kula_Kacday_Burco_1.jpg

Those mines (largely in part due to previous clan clashes) still kill people to this day.

Mine explodes in October neighborhood, east Burco.

Talaado, November 05, 2013 (HOL) — Hal qof ayaa ku geeriyooday shalay magaalada Burco kaddib markii uu gaari uu watay miino kula qaraxday xaafada Oktoobar ee magaalada Burco ee Somaliland.

https://www.hiiraan.com/news/2013/nov/wararka_maanta5-43931.htm

Gaari_Miino_kula_Kacday_Burco_1.jpg
Why they call it october neighborhood to maybe to honor that singer

Bohol

VIP
When he became president due to mjs killing the one before him in lascanod but blaming dhulbahante for it and that is why we are in the west today

He didn't blame Dhulbahante they were part of MOD (Marehan Ogaden Dhulbahante) but he said assassination of Sharmarke was a inner MJ beef.

Bohol

VIP
Burco and Berbera being mined after start of clan clashes in 1992.

After the Guns Fall Silent: The Enduring Legacy of Landmines
By Shawn Roberts, Jody Williams, 1995

npNGKqU.png

Bohol

VIP
Some northerners like to make fun of Mogadishu insecurity issues but if tomorrow conflict returns in the north they will mine each other to death, even the water sources will not be safe.

In the act.

KggnSYy.png

Some northerners like to make fun of Mogadishu insecurity issues but if tomorrow conflict returns in the north they will mine each other to death, even the water sources will not be safe.

In the act.

KggnSYy.png
Their wild up there and i know they will use everything on eachother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts