Operation Magic Carpet,East African Jews & Yemenite jews immigration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

någon :)
Most of the more than 51,000 Jews of Yemen immigrated to Israel during the secret Operation Eagles' Wings (also known as Operation Magic Carpet) in 1949 and 1950. American and British transport planes made about 380 trips to Aden to pick up the Jews of Yemen, Djibouti, Northern Somalia and Eritrea.
Yemeni Jews...old pics
yemenjews.jpg

In May 1949, when the Imam of Yemen agreed to let 45,000 of the 46,000 Jews in his country leave, Israeli transport planes flew them "home" in Operation Magic Carpet. The Yemenite Jews, mostly children, were brought to Israel on some 380 flights. This was one of the most wonderful and complex immigration operations the state has ever known. British and American planes airlifted the Jews from Aden, the capital of Yemen, when they reached the city from all over Yemen after extremely dangerous and risky journeys. The operation was secret and was released to the media only several months after its completion.

The year 1949 saw massive waves of immigration to Israel. Some 250,000 Jews who arrived that year alone were placed in military barracks and tent camps, and were later moved to ma'abarot [transit camps]. The state nearly collapsed under the burden. Calculations made that year showed that the state needed some $3,000 for the absorption of each immigrant, which meant that the state required about $700,000 for the whole campaign; the entire state budget was less than that. Yet, despite everything, the young state was more than willing to do all that was necessary to absorb the immigrants, believing that this was the reason for its establishment in the first place.
Djibouti Jews...old pics
1018451343_16398cf863_z.jpg

Djibouti Jews...old pics
upload_2017-7-13_18-53-1.jpeg

Genie

The last suugo bender
so??? i feel as though there should be a conclusion to this but there isn't , everyone is aware of the exodus from jews to Israel ....right?

These are running totals for immigrants to Israel through 2012.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/total-immigration-to-israel-by-country-of-origin

"Russia
/Ukraine (Former USSR)
Morocco, Algeria & Tunisia
Romania
Poland
Iraq
United States
Ethiopia
France
Iran
Argentina
Turkey
Yemen
Bulgaria
Egypt and Sudan
Libya
United Kingdom
Hungary
India
Czechoslovakia (Former)
South Africa
Germany
Yugoslavia (Former)
Syria
* = Numbers for 2013 have yet to be released"

I see 50,731* for Yemen. Somalia is not listed as a source country.
Sources: Israel Central Bureau of Statistics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Magic_Carpet_(Yemen)

"During its course, the overwhelming majority of Yemenite Jews – some 47,000 Yemeni, 1,500 Aden as well as 500 Djiboutian and Eritrean Jews and some 2,000 Jews from Saudi Arabia– were airlifted to Israel."

Somalia is not listed. But neither is Saudi Arabia.

The Yibir fought in the Adal wars and have been practicing Muslims for 800 years. Also, they have rejected resettlement in Israel.

http://haruth.com/JewsSomalia.html

Benjamin

någon :)
These are running totals for immigrants to Israel through 2012.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/total-immigration-to-israel-by-country-of-origin

"Russia
/Ukraine (Former USSR)
Morocco, Algeria & Tunisia
Romania
Poland
Iraq
United States
Ethiopia
France
Iran
Argentina
Turkey
Yemen
Bulgaria
Egypt and Sudan
Libya
United Kingdom
Hungary
India
Czechoslovakia (Former)
South Africa
Germany
Yugoslavia (Former)
Syria
* = Numbers for 2013 have yet to be released"

I see 50,731* for Yemen. Somalia is not listed as a source country.
Sources: Israel Central Bureau of Statistics

"During its course, the overwhelming majority of Yemenite Jews – some 47,000 Yemeni, 1,500 Aden as well as 500 Djiboutian and Eritrean Jews and some 2,000 Jews from Saudi Arabia– were airlifted to Israel."

Somalia is not listed. But neither is Saudi Arabia.

The Yibir fought in the Adal wars and have been practicing Muslims for 800 years. Also, they have rejected resettlement in Israel.

http://haruth.com/JewsSomalia.html

Saudi Arabia is listed, you don't have to be a practicing jew to make aliya.

They were smuggled to Djibouti, then they were airlifted with the Djibouti jews. I know my neighbours grandfather was one of them.
The point being there were no Jews in northern Somalia .some Ethiopian Christians have in past the pretended to be Falashas Jews so that they can get asylum to Israel .most likely , a few knee grows in Somalia did the same .

The yibir fairytale is no different to myths of darood being an Arab sheikh or Isaac coming from Basra ,Iraq .

The Hebrew of Northern Somalia is a nonsensical suugo scientific Internet myth . Yibir are a Cushitic Muslim Somali group .
#suugo science .

The point being there were no Jews in northern Somalia .some Ethiopian Christians have in past the pretended to be Falashas Jews so that they can get asylum to Israel .most likely , a few knee grows in Somalia did the same .

The yibir fairytale is no different to myths of darood being an Arab sheikh or Isaac coming from Basra ,Iraq .

The Hebrew of Northern Somalia is a nonsensical suugo scientific Internet myth . Yibir are a Cushitic Muslim Somali group .
#suugo science .

If you are not a suugo scientist yourself, I assume you have a link to DNA work that proves it?

One of the recent studies I quoted above found 10% K2 (or T) in a random group of 103 Somalis. This is not even Cushitic, but it appears to define the Dir and has also been found in the Isaaq. The archaeological evidence (see Sada Mire) is that the Yibir were already well established in the Hargeisa area and at Aw Barkhadle when the Samaale migrations arrived. As far as I am aware, no DNA evidence has been published for the Yibir; but the Hararis, and therefore presumably the Harla, are Ethio-Semitic, so there was plenty of non-Cushitic DNA in the area. I would welcome any link that says otherwise.

Grant ,( I am glad you have joined the hoardes of jamaacatu DNA enthusiasts .that said , please keep to the topic of discussion .the yibir have never claimed to be Jews or have being known to practice Judaism .i Have found no evidence of this other than some obscure Jewish site .

Grant ,( I am glad you have joined the hoardes of jamaacatu DNA enthusiasts .that said , please keep to the topic of discussion .the yibir have never claimed to be Jews or have being known to practice Judaism .i Have found no evidence of this other than some obscure Jewish site .

I think that is just proof you don't actually read what I write. I have posted this and other articles many times:

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/...ews-in-somalia-tracing-remnants-of-the-yibir/

"In 2000, New York Times journalist Ian Fisher conducted a breakthrough interview with the Yibir community leader Sultan Ahmed Jama. The Sultan was not secretive about his Hebraic heritage and indicated that the prejudice his people experience in Somalia essentially goes back to their Israelite heritage. He also pointed out that members of the community –particularly the youth– are often ashamed of their Yibir identity as a low caste. Accordingly, they often identify with other clans of higher castes.

Yibir folklore suggests that the community’s ancestors converted from Judaism to Islam in the thirteenth century. Since scholars believe that Sharif Yusuf lived in the early thirteenth century, the events of the traditional narrative, involving the Sharif and the Yibir leader Mohamed Hanif, would accordingly date to the same century."

Check "Yibir" in Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending