Opening up a factory in Somalia (Business idea)

Assuming we get cheap energy prices soon, what would be the total set up cost to open up a factory in Somalia? Could be any type of factory around the Greater Mogadishu area.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
This factory in 2004 was opened for around 8.3 million which is even more money in 2024. Probably can open something cheaper but with super high land prices, small market cap, and security its tough. I always advice people do business in west first way easier to get loans, way more customers with big spending power. Then when you have experience try somalia which is very difficult. seen many amateurs lose money in somalia anything goes back home

This factory in 2004 was opened for around 8.3 million which is even more money in 2024. Probably can open something cheaper but with super high land prices, small market cap, and security its tough. I always advice people do business in west first way easier to get loans, way more customers with big spending power. Then when you have experience try somalia which is very difficult. seen many amateurs lose money in somalia anything goes back home

Agreed. Things like national factory require huge amount of investment also that the FGS should be investing in. It is 2024 and Somalis import 90%+ of all used goods.

Welcome back also sxb.

Last edited:

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch

What do you mean by security ?

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.

8.4 Million dollars? I very much doubt that number and does not make sense for 2004 somalia. But other then that the company idea is very good, Ill be posting my list shortly

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
8.4 Million dollars? I very much doubt that number and does not make sense for 2004 somalia. But other then that the company idea is very good, Ill be posting my list shortly
Xamar even small 20x20 plots of land will cost you lots of money. Plus to get buildings and equipment into somalia is very expensive . this is soda facotry with lots of machinery i can see it be millions ver easily

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
You open a factory, push local businesses out of the way, they pay arsenal to blow your shit up :icon lol:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
You open a factory, push local businesses out of the way, they pay arsenal to blow your shit up :icon lol:
people in west dont see this risk. doesnt even have to be arsenal can be local druggies and alcholils being sent to kill you by established businesses.

clan beefs also will result in your stuff being held hostage. hebel from your clan owes some money and now your truck and shipments being held hostage from something you have no control over. Somalia business is difficult as it gets. eveyone got hand out and you miss 1 key person and now you in deep trouble

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
people in west dont see this risk. doesnt even have to be arsenal can be local druggies and alcholils being sent to kill you by established businesses.

clan beefs also will result in your stuff being held hostage. hebel from your clan owes some money and now your truck and shipments being held hostage from something you have no control over. Somalia business is difficult as it gets. eveyone got hand out and you miss 1 key person and now you in deep trouble

Then people wonder why Somalis would rather invest in Nairobi and other foreign cities.

The truth is doing business in Somalia is asking for trouble. The competition is quite literally cutthroat :icon lol:

Somalis are notoriously against hard labor. Unless you wanna hire oromo refugees and Madowwayne folks, don't even bother because whatever you produce will be the of the lowest quality.

Trending

Latest posts