Ontario Just Got Less Safe! Damn You Doug Ford!

1636145539292.png

Pit bulls have been banned in Ontario since a well-publicized Toronto dog attacked a person in 2005, bringing about the legislation that critics have long argued is misguided.

Recording artist Pitbull, on the other hand, has yet to be banned despite arguably doing more damage to the province in recent years.

But times are changing.

A combination of changing perceptions (it's almost always the fault of the dog owner and not the breed) and heartbreaking stories of families separated from beloved pets has opened the door to the repeal of breed-specific legislation in the Dog Owners' Liability Act.

The Ford government has eased those restrictions, and officials have confirmed to multiple outlets that dogs that have been seized based on their breed can now be returned to their owners while a breed designation is conducted.

And dog owners are telling media that Ford might not be done there, possibly even eliminating breed-specific legislation entirely.

"Ontarians expect the rules that protect people and animals to be rooted in evidence," said Jack Sullivan, a spokesman for the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs, to CBC News. "By making this change now, our government is returning impounded pets, that have not caused harm, to their owners under certain terms and conditions."

Adding onto growing calls to repeal the ban, the case of a dog being held for 24 days at Vaughan Animal Services before ultimately being released to his family sparked outrage among dog owners, the family claiming that even though they've been reunited, the dog has "changed" after his over three weeks of incarceration.

During their forced separation, Premier Doug Ford called the family on multiple occasions, telling them to "remain patient." The premier is no stranger to the matter, having previously pledged to rescind breed-specific bans.

Tommy Chang, owner of the dog in question, reported to media outlets that "the premier told me they'll repeal the breed-specific legislation within 120 days," and it looks like those wheels are now well in motion.

Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982

Good? Are you in favour of children and elderly getting mauled?
There is nothing good about this! Doug Ford is putting people in danger!
Only thing i'm not proud of is the increase of minimum wage, $14.35 is good enough, every thing in stores, and rent, and all sorts of shit is gonna rise too. The livable wage to live in Ontario is $22. If a pitbull or any dog tried to attack me, well easy, I'll let the dog bite, then break its neck, then I'll sue the owners. Only if the owner is white or asian of course, if the owner was any race but those two, i'm not getting paid.

Only thing i'm not proud of is the increase of minimum wage, $14.35 is good enough, every thing in stores, and rent, and all sorts of shit is gonna rise too. The livable wage to live in Ontario is $22. If a pitbull or any dog tried to attack me, well easy, I'll let the dog bite, then break its neck, then I'll sue the owners. Only if the owner is white or asian of course, if the owner was any race but those two, i'm not getting paid.
You can even sue the city of Toronto if slip on ice when winter comes..!

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Damn I hate pitbulls always been afraid of them, one minute they’re normal next thing you know you’re being chased by it

That’s why I wanna get a dog of my own . Sometimes Canada disappoints me . One moment you happy there’s a Somali guy in govt next they take off the ban for pitbulls

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Omg I am terrified of pitbulls this is gonna cause alot of panic for me

Trending

Latest posts