Online Somalis don’t know culture exchange

It’s come to my attention that every time non somalis Whether it be Oromo or Kenyan or Yemeni wear or say something that we Somalis say, they online Somalis Automatically start labelling them as cultural appropriators and they get attacked. The girl in the video is from a Oromo tribe that lives amongst Somalis. So let’s use our common sense and understand in environments like that there will be a lot of culture exchanges. Imagine someone said we can’t wear thobs anymore because it’s cultural appropriate arab culture, don’t get me started with brothers that wear the full set with the black cloth thing on their wedding day. Dem men are cultural appropriates

“@inaayanle_:Borana and Somali live together and mix so there’s shared culture. I’m Issa and Harraghe we also share some culture. It’s not that serious calm down.”

It also Somalis that don’t live near these communities like oromo and Afars that get so shocked that Somalis have a lot of things in common with it neighbours. We ain’t special, we are no different than our neighbours. Our language is no different, our clothes, our food, some Oromo and afars are even nomadic like us.

I say let em be, I assume it mostly kids whose parents failed them in teaching them our culture and history. So let them latch on to anything they see as remotely Somali. I will take pride and arrogance over capitulation and assimilation.

While I do agree on the points you've touched on, you have to remember that these are Online Somalis. They are mostly likely young and immature trolls that have absolutely no idea what goes on in the real world. Such immature children shouldn't be the bane of your time - but rather should be ignored and disregarded as internet trolls (which they literally are).

While I do agree on the points you've touched on, you have to remember that these are Online Somalis. They are mostly likely young and immature trolls that have absolutely no idea what goes on in the real world. Such immature children shouldn't be the bane of your time - but rather should be ignored and disregarded as internet trolls (which they literally are).

I thought it was little 7 year olds too at first but then I saw that video and I was shocked that it was girls my age that are brainless.

They have to credit where it originated and not act like they created it

So an oromo or afar person have to always say it came from Somalis every time they wear it, that’s would also mean we as Somalis have to say the same for the Arabs, Italians, Indians and Persians, even doe these elements have been in our culture for really long time, As well as that’s not really how cultural Appropriation works, there needs to be a level of Oppression going on, oromos and Afars don’t Oppresses us. We also can’t be using western Concept to Dictate a bunch of Africans who are so opposite In every way to western civilisation

Trending