ONLF leaders welcomed in Jigjiga

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Return of the top leadership ONLF Press statement December 1, 2018 Addis Ababa
Excellencies
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Speaking on behalf of Chairman Mohamed Omar Osman, ONLF Central Committee and Members,

I convey our thanks and appreciation of the warm welcome you accorded us.
ONLF again reiterates its welcome to the positive change Prime Minster Ahmed has ushered in Ethiopia in response to the popular demand for their rights, including democratic governance and respect of the rule of law. All peoples in Ethiopia rejected the status quo after more than two decades of tyranny and grave violations of their human and democratic rights.

ONLF was created in 1984 in order to seek the democratic rights of Somali people in the Somali Regional state or Ogaden, including the right choice of the Somali people to manage their destiny and well-being. From the beginning ONLF was committed to seeking the rights of its people and when Ethiopia changed in 1991, ONLF fully participated peaceful in the new political order. It won the first election ever held in the Somali territory and build its institutions. However, from the beginning the transitional federal government started antagonistic activities, including withholding vital resources, dividing the Somali people and impeding the development of the necessary institutions that were necessary to build and manage a devolved Somali state. After many attempts to negotiate peaceful with them government and always meeting with arrogance and deceit, ONLF stated its displeasure since the most basic rights of its people were denied.

Instead of resolving the conflict peacefully, the Ethiopian government attacked ONLF and dismantled the elected Somali regional state institutions. Then a military campaign against ONLF was started in 20 April 1994 until August 12, 2018 when ONLF declared a unilateral ceasefire, in response to PM Abiy Ahmed’s call for peace and reconciliation to all peoples in Ethiopia. The Somali people were subjected to the most inhuman rights violations and many have lost their lives or wellbeing.

Now that a peace agreement has been signed, ONLF will continue to pursue its political program through peaceful, democratic means and fulfil its part of the agreement, while working with the Federal government in bring stability, respect of human rights, democratic governance to the Somali region and Ethiopia in General. ONLF also expects that the federal government will honour the agreement and complete the reminding parts of the agreement as soon as possible.

In addition, ONLF will play an active positive role in the Somali regional state and work with the regional president and his administration and other stakeholders in order to bring peace, sound governance, the rule of law, respect of human and democratic rights of the people and development, while dealing with past in a constructive manner.

ONLF believes that for a true democratic change to usher in Ethiopia, all stakeholders must fulfil their responsibly and take full ownership of the process. However, the role and attitude of the Federal government is key in providing the enabling environment necessary to engender that change.

Therefore, ONLF will play an active role in bringing a genuine democratic change in Ethiopia that will enable all peoples in Ethiopia to live in peace and get their full rights in every aspect.

ONLF is graciously concerned about the recurring conflict in the Somali Oromo border and will work assiduously in bringing a viable peace between the two brotherly nations. Moreover, ONLF calls upon the Federal government and the two regional states of Somali and Oromo to squarely face the problem and start a genuine reconciliation process.

Finally, ONLF calls upon the international community to support the peace process in the Somali regional state. In addition, ONLF calls both the Federal government and the International community to designate a special status to the Somali region which was devastated by the conflict that ragged the last 2 4 years and the recurrent droughts and allocate adequate funds in order to rebuild and rehabilitate.

Thank you
Read by Abdirahman Mahdi
ONLF Secretary General
At Addis Ababa Airport

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
I heard they become sell outs, explains why they aren’t considered a terrorist organisation and are in Ethiopia’s good graces, it suggests that the ONLF are working with Ethiopia when the organisation founding principle is to fight against the state of Ethiopia’s control over the Somali region :hmm:

I heard they become sell outs, explains why they aren’t considered a terrorist organisation and are in Ethiopia’s good graces, it suggests that the ONLF are working with Ethiopia when the organisation founding principle is to fight against the state of Ethiopia’s control over the Somali region :hmm:

please just be quite, your embarrassing yourself, your cuqdad stinks from a mile away

You make no sense, ONLF along with other rebel factions were taken off the terrorist list after Ethiopia accepted thekr demands.
ONLF could have continued their struggle with even liyu police joining them but since tplf is out of the picture and abiys government accepted the rebels demands on holding referendum, i dont think there is any reason to fight battles but rather prepare for the coming voting of the referendum.

You make no sense, ONLF along with other rebel factions were taken off the terrorist list after Ethiopia accepted thekr demands.
ONLF could have continued their struggle with even liyu police joining them but since tplf is out of the picture and abiys government accepted the rebels demands on holding referendum, i dont think there is any reason to fight battles but rather prepare for the coming voting of the referendum.

waa doon cuqdad badan this Von midgaan, waa one of the many langab haters Ogaden has, i wonder if he is 1door or marehan or hawiye

dont waste your time on this gun marsin,

when we fight ethiopia they say why dont yall sue for peace, when we make peace they say you gave up too quick,

when their sons and daughters die for ONLF cause like we did they have a right to speak, before that their opinions is like a spit on the road, worthless nijaaas

Von

Two words rigged election, you honestly think Ethiopia is willing to pull the largest gas deposits and largest region up for referendum to a people who’s dua every night is “ Ya ilaaha, Athiopia ha burburito” without knowing the outcome first ?

They regret leaving Eritrea go but they difference with them is they control the lands they claimed and stop any Ethiopian encroachment and Somalis are struggling to manage that with teenage Oromos.
That’s why I find this all hard to believe, The Oromo leadership might be “friendly” to Somalia but they sure wouldn’t even The Somali region independence even if they hate the Habesha

VIP

When did that happen?

:ayaanswag:

Two words rigged election, you honestly think Ethiopia is willing to pull the largest gas deposits and largest region up for referendum to a people who’s dua every night is “ Ya ilaaha, Athiopia ha burburito” without knowing the outcome first ?

They regret leaving Eritrea go but they difference with them is they control the lands they claimed and stop any Ethiopian encroachment and Somalis are struggling to manage that with teenage Oromos.
That’s why I find this all hard to believe, The Oromo leadership might be “friendly” to Somalia but they sure wouldn’t even The Somali region independence even if they hate the Habesha
Yes i honestly think Ethiopia is willing to do that, they are willing to give the people, those who fought and shed their blood for the freedom of this region, to hold their referendum.

Who are the ones who regrets giving up Eritrea? Abiy? if so why did he go and make a deal with Isayas?
Those who were against giving up any lands are the Amharas, and for all i know Abiy is an Oromo.
The Oromos themselves with their OLF rebels, also wants to hold referendum.

Basic knowledge on ethnic groups in Ethiopia would have given you some point in your argument, try to get some knowledge before niic niic iyo fadhi ku dirir aan micno lahayn.

DqRCMktXgAAYnk2.jpg

It states «respect and uphold the provisions of its Constitution», i.e. allowing referendum. Also it is reportedly confirmed by #ONLF spokesperson.

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
waa doon cuqdad badan this Von *******, waa one of the many langab haters Ogaden has, i wonder if he is 1door or marehan or hawiye

dont waste your time on this gun marsin,

when we fight ethiopia they say why dont yall sue for peace, when we make peace they say you gave up too quick,

when their sons and daughters die for ONLF cause like we did they have a right to speak, before that their opinions is like a spit on the road, worthless nijaaas

Warya just because he disagreed with you doesn't mean he could be a Marehan landeere Ugaas. He could be somebody else. Keep us outta your cuqdad ridden mouth booonyahow.

Von

Yes i honestly think Ethiopia is willing to do that, they are willing to give the people, those who fought and shed their blood for the freedom of this region, to hold their referendum.

Who are the ones who regrets giving up Eritrea? Abiy? if so why did he go and make a deal with Isayas?
Those who were against giving up any lands are the Amharas, and for all i know Abiy is an Oromo.
The Oromos themselves with their OLF rebels, also wants to hold referendum.

Basic knowledge on ethnic groups in Ethiopia would have given you some point in your argument, try to get some knowledge before niic niic iyo fadhi ku dirir aan micno lahayn.

DqRCMktXgAAYnk2.jpg

It states «respect and uphold the provisions of its Constitution», i.e. allowing referendum. Also it is reportedly confirmed by #ONLF spokesperson.
I just don’t believe it, sound like a fairytale, this would lead to the complete disintegration of the Ethiopian state, which why I find it hard, that an ethnic would has be been under the thumb of every Empire in the HoA suddenly gets power and wishes to diminish it rather than increase it for their own gains.

Also is DD in the referendum and what about the status of Harar, if we go independent DD will become a war zone...

We have a lot of disputed land with Oromia because of deadbeat traitorous clans
Warya just because he disagreed with you doesn't mean he could be a Marehan landeere Ugaas. He could be somebody else. Keep us outta your cuqdad ridden mouth booonyahow.
Barre did nothing wrong, best president Somalia had, Gedo shall raise once again:friendhug:

Sheikh

Jaalle Ugas ''Comrade Ugas''
VIP
I just don’t believe it, sound like a fairytale, this would lead to the complete disintegration of the Ethiopian state, which why I find it hard, that an ethnic would has be been under the thumb of every Empire in the HoA suddenly gets power and wishes to diminish it rather than increase it for their own gains.

Also is DD in the referendum and what about the status of Harar, if we go independent DD will become a war zone...

We have a lot of disputed land with Oromia because of deadbeat traitorous clans

Barre did nothing wrong, best president Somalia had, Gedo shall raise once again:friendhug:

Common facts sxb. And yep fam may all the 6 regions rise up to greatness. Waa billahi tawfiiq. :rejoice:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts