ONLF and Ethiopia agree to do a referendum for the future of Somali Galbeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’ll be rigged but interesting nonetheless.
We need to help stabilise our country first before we can even expect the ogadani brothers to rejoin the brother hood. I still dream of a greater somalia with the addition of the 300k sqkm ogaden region making our total land mass 1 million sqkm.

:ahh::salute::banderas:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I doubt it will happen. You really think Ethiopia is willing to give up that much land and resources?

I too wish Somali region to be free but very unlikely this will ever happen.

Farm

VIP
I doubt it will happen. You really think Ethiopia is willing to give up that much land and resources?

I too wish Somali region to be free but very unlikely this will happen.
Who knows they let Eritrea go and that was their only coast.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Who knows they let Eritrea go and that was their only coast.

That's because they were able to defeat and resist Ethiopia while having full control over their land. Somali region was never in a position like Eritrea except for 1977. Plus, they regret letting Eritrea go and they don't plan on losing another large resourceful territory like the Somali region. The only way for the Somali region to be free is if Somalia is united and takes the region by force.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Doubt it's true but if it is then it's further proof that the current ONLF has been co-opted by the Ethiopians.

Neither do I believe it's a TPLF conspiracy plot so that the Tigrayans could leave as well (which they'll never want).

Most likely it would be fixed so the stay camp wins somehow; giving Addis Ababa full mandate on how they handle the Galbeed in the eyes of the world.

Also, it might also mean that they found resources on Somali land that they thought was worth pulling this "referendum" off for.

Our long footed fellow geeljires are being sold dreams. Never trust a xaarbashi.

If oromos are still terrorized by the short midget Yemeni garac Xaarbashis then its a very credible assumption that the long foots will similarly be stuck in a state of limbo

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Terrible Idea. Oromo are smart and only going to win. They are not fearful of a smaller ogadeniya state next to it and it also helps cut off somali support for traditional tigray alliance. We need Somalis in Ethiopia to influence it's politics from the inside. By having Dire Dawa plus the Oil and Gas of Ethiopia we should be using that to leverage more power over Ethiopians similar to how Somalis now own kenya's economy.

I use to brag how Somalis eat in Ethiopia and Kenya yet have Somalia to itself. No-one has this priveledge among east african tribes as they scramble over one state like amhara, tigray, kikuyus, and all those tribes. We don't want a separate ogaden, look at jabuti if it wasn't for those american bases there and american support, it would fall tommorow. You simply can't be powerful with 1 million population.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Terrible Idea. Oromo are smart and only going to win. They are not fearful of a smaller ogadeniya state next to it and it also helps cut off somali support for traditional tigray alliance. We need Somalis in Ethiopia to influence it's politics from the inside. By having Dire Dawa plus the Oil and Gas of Ethiopia we should be using that to leverage more power over Ethiopians similar to how Somalis now own kenya's economy.

I use to brag how Somalis eat in Ethiopia and Kenya yet have Somalia to itself. No-one has this priveledge among east african tribes as they scramble over one state like amhara, tigray, kikuyus, and all those tribes.

You're right. The benefits outweigh the costs but unfortunately the costs gets paid by Somali Kenyans (who are Kikuyu in all but forehead) and Galbeed Geeljire.

Some of us might be eating good there but in reality the majority are still 2nd class citizens.

They don't have the same advantages in business and career opportunities even though Somalis are more competent than the other citizens there.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You're right. The benefits outweigh the costs but unfortunately the costs gets paid by Somali Kenyans (who are Kikuyu in all but forehead) and Galbeed Geeljire.

Some of us might be eating good there but in reality the majority are still 2nd class citizens.

They don't have the same advantages in business and career opportunities even though Somalis are more competent than the other citizens there.

I think it's always good to have somalis everywhere, it assists us in our interests. Not bringing ourselves to one room. It increases our knowledge of what were dealing with in the continent and the wider world. The reason we were so amateurish in the early state building was, we weren't exposed to the world and know what it's like because our people didn't leave somalia. Things will change this time around as we know every part of the world.

It will be the great somali diaspora returning with skills and knowledge from everywhere they went too. Their so backwards in africa cause they haven't LEFT it in great numbers

Shaolin23

Seeker of knowledge and truth
Our long footed fellow geeljires are being sold dreams. Never trust a xaarbashi.

If oromos are still terrorized by the short midget Yemeni garac Xaarbashis then its a very credible assumption that the long foots will similarly be stuck in a state of limbo
Oromo want a strong Somalia as an insurance against being enslaved again by Habesha but they also need the resources coming from Somali Galbeed

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Oromo want a strong Somalia as an insurance against being enslaved again by Habesha but they also need the resources coming from Somali Galbeed

Are you an Oromo yourself? They want us to be like Eritrea for them with threats their 40 million and your just 15 million do as I say or else like meles a tigray envisioned for asmara but didn't turn out how he wanted. We can't live like that. Look at Eritrea, it's a frickin joke. It's got the lowest gdp per capita in the region, even jabuti is 2-3k gdp per capita and the highest in the horn and even higher then kenya and that's like just ISSA not all somalis.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I always tell africans who bash somalia. If our little brother djibouti is pushing 2-3k per person and it's really just a small sub clan in comparison to all somali clans in somalia, imagine what Somalia would be like with a functioning.state. We are big brother to djibouti. Haven't you seen when our basketball team plays against african teams, their useless. It will be like that also in all fields of nations when our diaspora fully returns and the nation is stable.

Ethiopia would never agree to this unless they already know the outcome will be in their favor.

The only question is how will they rig it?

Move in more oromo to take part in the voting process?

changing the voting outcome to favor them?

ONLF should have inserted a condition in there, the shouldn't disarm themselves until the election results are out.

We need to help stabilise our country first before we can even expect the ogadani brothers to rejoin the brother hood. I still dream of a greater somalia with the addition of the 300k sqkm ogaden region making our total land mass 1 million sqkm.

:ahh::salute::banderas:
if somaliwayn takes place, it should be sometime in the future. we shouldn't rush it. each region should be doing good security wise, then merging should take place if all regions are ok with that, and if not, it is still great having 3 somali regions.

with somaliwayn, ogaden supremacy in somali politics incoming.:trumpsmirk:

if somaliwayn takes place, it should be sometime in the future. we shouldn't rush it. each region should be doing good security wise, then merging should take place if all regions are ok with that, and if not, it is still great having 3 somali regions.

with somaliwayn, ogaden supremacy in somali politics incoming.:trumpsmirk:
Exactly. Abiy is a fake reformist. Ethiopia will never let us leave, resources or not. The only way out is a functioning Somalia that forces a referendum. This one will be rigged, no doubt. But how will they do it? Fill our voting booths with Oromos? But we'll notice. Get the sneaky cadaan involved? But US doesn't love Ethiopia like it used to because of China. Just plain change the results? Likely.

100 years late.

They will leave Ethiopia, the wishes of those who fought and died to defend Somalis will be fufilled

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
Fat chance of that happening
One is allowed to dream

ONLF were defeated so how are they able to demand referendum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts