One of the biggest YouTube food channels makes Somali pasta

Where did you find that out from?

Big drama with Bon Appetit, they were exposed for mistreating Hawa.

The top comment here sums it up

Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 16.38.37.png

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
She is a typical american now. Qaxooti all gone. No trace of Somali. I think she complimented Mindy like 99 times. Is she MJ hoorta? She has their slick smooth, iyaal suuq MO

She should make her own show, she does not need them.

She could be huge if she markets herself right, also, I want her to stop associating Somali food with Indian cuisine. Somali food is different and our cuisine is more diverse than most of us and others know.

Otherwise, nobody will be interested in eating Indian-Lite food.

She could be huge if she markets herself right, also, I want her to stop associating Somali food with Indian cuisine. Somali food is different and our cuisine is more diverse than most of us and others know.

Otherwise, nobody will be interested in eating Indian-Lite food.

Are there connections between Somali and Indian cuisine?

Are there connections between Somali and Indian cuisine?

There are dishes we have in common with Asians, both Arabs and Indians, such as the various flat breads, sambuuso (samosa), stews that we eat with various flat breads such as sabaayad, malawah and so forth.

Which is normal as Somalia has been trading with Indians for centuries, I even heard at one point Somali traders convinced the world that the best cinnamon was from Somalia even though they were selling Indian Cinnamon, lmao

I can't prove which dishes originate in Somalia and which are from other countries, but most dishes in the world can be found in other countries and regions. What I do know is that Somalis have made our cuisine quintessentially Somali, for example, how we pair savoury dishes with ripe bananas for that sweet and savoury mix. You will also find a similar combination when people add dates to dried meat (odkac) etc.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Tasty is amazing, this is a fat W for somalis. I’ve made countless of their recipes before, especially in Ramadan. All the chefs are a good bunch too especially rie

Trending