Once a fob...always a fob??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<
How long do you have to live in a country before you don't consider yourself a fob? Till you master the new language? Till you acquire the new accent? Or perhaps after 10years of staying in the new country?

S

SOMACOON

How long do you have to live in a country before you don't consider yourself a fob? Till you master the new language? Till you acquire the new accent? Or perhaps after 10years of staying in the new country?

its rather hard to acquire an accent if you entered a country after hitting puberty.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Fob is used in a derogatory way amongst us maryoole, quite on the contrary, I see it as one who preserves his culture, language, customs, most importantly his faith. No matter how long we spend in a foreign country we will never fully assimilate cause to fully conform to their ideals would mean to give up our faith.

So to answer your question, I consider my self as a fob till I die in these foreign lands. God willing I die back home, cause home is where the heart is.

Lily

>,,< certified creep >,,<
Fob is used in a derogatory way amongst us maryoole, quite on the contrary, I see it as one who preserves his culture, language, customs, most importantly his faith. No matter how long we spend in a foreign country we will never fully assimilate cause to fully conform to their ideals would mean to give up our faith.

So to answer your question, I consider my self as a fob till I die in these foreign lands. God willing I die back home, cause home is where the heart is.

What's maryoole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts