Old Somali people

Mr Sufi

PURPLE HAZE THE PURPLE ONE HAS RETURNED
Why are old Somali people so uptight?(parents generation) Like you never see them laughing or joking too much why. Just give the side eye
Death is around the corner and they are getting old and they done somethings that keep them up at night

They have been through shit and have come to an alien country/culture that is completely different from the life they grew up on. That's why they always get one foot out the door despite living in the west for 20 plus years. That shit can get tiring.

They have been through shit and have come to an alien country/culture that is completely different from the life they grew up on. That's why they always get one foot out the door despite living in the west for 20 plus years. That shit can get tiring.
No excuse cause there’s many who are not like that in other communities. I have just seen it mostly in Somali communities

Maybe they are isolated and don't have anyone to talk to. I think the older gen is more social and outgoing then younger.
I made this post cause I watched a Somali girls insta story and her mum was side eyeing her while taking a photo, no smiling no nothing just aloof

No excuse cause there’s many who are not like that in other communities. I have just seen it mostly in Somali communities
It a big issue and not an excuse because like you said many other groups have left their countries and built a home and more for themselves in the west e.g South Asians in the UK although they came before us. It's this mentality that the west is temporary for them so they don't bother to invest and get left behind and don't break the poverty cycle for the diaspora kids. You have fathers fucking off and remarrying back home like it's nothing forcing a single mother to raise a big household of 4 plus kids, that shit is hella expensive and no wonder some go off the rails. This can be a topic of its own but yeah the second gen diaspora have probably started life in the west on the back foot already but hopefully, we can break the mold.

It a big issue and not an excuse because like you said many other groups have left their countries and built a home and more for themselves in the west e.g South Asians in the UK although they came before us. It's this mentality that the west is temporary for them so they don't bother to invest and get left behind and don't break the poverty cycle for the diaspora kids. You have fathers fucking off and remarrying back home like it's nothing forcing a single mother to raise a big household of 4 plus kids, that shit is hella expensive and no wonder some go off the rails. This can be a topic of its own but yeah the second gen diaspora have probably started life in the west on the back foot already but hopefully, we can break the mold.
We came from war obviously south Asians don’t. Other demo-graphs who come from war are not like this. Maybe a cultural thing.

We came from war obviously south Asians don’t. Other demo-graphs who come from war are not like this. Maybe a cultural thing.
A dash of culture/deen plus demonizing the west before they set foot. Cant expect to find peace when you already have one foot out the door even though you have resided in the west for 20 plus years. Then they wonder why the diaspora has an identity crisis, when at home its cadaanka iska ilaali but at the same time focus on building yourself up in the same society. Make it make sense hooyo lol.

Truss I dare anyone to go find pics of their parents in the 60s and 70s. No hijab and trousers etc they were living it up.
Even today, my aunties often meet up, when it’s them they have banter and jokes, but when their kids are around they become serious parents.

Even today, my aunties often meet up, when it’s them they have banter and jokes, but when their kids are around they become serious parents.
smh two-faced aunties are a menace in the community. Snitching on man for sneaking out of a snow bunnys house but at the same time, her son out here trapping pretending to be a hafiz when this nigga just memorized the first three short surahs.

Trending

Latest posts