Ogaden War scoreboard July ‘77- March ‘78

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Even though we were fighting one country and they had the aid of one superpower and another powerful country, we did extremely well.

we were outnumbered during most of the war but still had some brilliant victories.

during the entire war 5k Somalis were killed, and 17k Ethiopians were killed.
For every dead Somali soldier, there were nearly 4 Ethiopians dead.

we also killed 400 Cuban soldiers, 100 Yemenis, and 33 Russians

we lost much fewer equipment than our enemies, and about 4K Ethiopians were captured ( with 1.2k deserting :lolbron:

We were really were a force to be reckoned with :lolbron:

If given a chance to karbaash Ethiopia and Kenya simultaneously I’d ask Farmaajo for command myself :banderas:

Shit if he gives me 5000 troops I’ll reclaim SL right now :damn: :damn:

Who do you believe truly won this war?
I think us, because it was a Pyrrhic victory.
We didn’t get our objective, but far more Ethiopian soldiers/equipment were killed and damaged

Exodus

Alienist
Even though we were fighting one country and they had the aid of one superpower and another powerful country, we did extremely well.

we were outnumbered during most of the war but still had some brilliant victories.

we lost much fewer equipment than our enemies, and about 4K Ethiopians were captured ( with 1.2k deserting :lolbron:

If given a chance to karbaash Ethiopia and Kenya simultaneously I’d ask Farmaajo for command myself :banderas:

We didn’t get our objective, but far more Ethiopian soldiers/equipment were killed and damaged
Considering we didn't get any land, lost thousands, and became bankrupt as a result, I think we lost quite badly.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Considering we didn't get any land, lost thousands, and became bankrupt as a result- I think we lost quite badly.
Lol your right, but it was given considering what we were up against.
But we proved we were fearless and showed how much efficient our military was

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP

Siad barre was dumb. If we armed rebels and fought the government through proxies, we could have claimed genocide or human rights abuses as our justified cause for entry to annex the completely occupied ogaden region.

Play it smart like the jews and you get to be the saviours of your victim brothers, that the europeans sold off to the enemy to be abused. We could have gained support that way, but to go in guns blazing was the worst thing siad barre could have done. That gave the christians the right to defend them since we were seen as the invaders. If we annexed it after a few ogaden proxies were martyred then the world would have seen us as the saviours of a ppl being genocided.

We didn't play that war smart, but what do you expect when your leader was a military man.Next time we need to arm proxies and play it that way. Claim the victim narrative and we will be justified in annexing our historical land.