3B934B33-4957-491A-A4B5-E4495B73D3A1.jpeg
EC4FC955-99C9-4125-A8FF-D7D353D6E9A7.jpeg
6A359CC4-C672-4D22-A457-34ABB0BBD609.jpeg
3B3C9AAF-9362-45E3-A5BC-FD8F438E5CEA.jpeg
8FD3B3E8-E535-431A-B982-606385EEE1B8.jpeg
F85AD1C7-6639-4872-ADC3-97285C7F9488.jpeg
A0C54362-AD40-4A3F-96FA-D6CCF3E78698.jpeg
26F65502-E3E1-462B-81AB-E948A709987B.jpeg

I just wished our community was more active on social media when it’s comes to their native deegaans of Sool & Sanaag. It’s great news to see our Absame & Kuumade Tribesmen making a stand in Bari Puntland. We need the same spotlight for Sool & Sanaag
:mjdontkno:

B151C71C-7396-4B03-9DE9-A35B8C497AF1.jpeg

Ogaden/Kuumade community will also take part in Puntland’s 1 man 1 vote elections as a registered tribe in the state

Last edited:
Nobody registers as a tribe in Puntland's elections, people register as individuals. We will not have tribes representing in any council, but individuals who are voted in and are part of a political party, not part of a tribal political party. The people that are voted in, are supposed to work for the area they are representing, not their tribe. If people are seen as acting like tribal reps instead of the rep of xaafad xyz, insha'Allah, they will lose the next election or be dismissed for fraud etc.

The purpose of 1m1v is for every person to exercise their civil duty, not for clans to act like voting blocks. I want to see a day when individuals act like individuals and vote as individuals. Otherwise, this will backfire and we have wasted giving people the right to vote.

Last edited:

Awdalite

Araabi
Nobody registers as a tribe in Puntland's elections, people register as individuals. We will not have tribes representing in any council, but individuals who are voted in and are part of a political party, not part of a tribal political party. The people that are voted in, are supposed to work for the area they are representing, not their tribe. If people are seen as acting like tribal reps instead of the rep of xaafad xyz, insha'Allah, they will lose the next election or be dismissed for fraud etc.

The purpose of 1m1v is for every person to exercise their civil duty, not for clans to act like voting blocks. I want to see a day when individuals act like individuals and vote as individuals. Otherwise, this will backfire and we have wasted giving people the right to vote.

That's never going to happen unfortunately. Clan dynamics is the most powerful factor in Somali politics. People will only ever vote for a candidate from their own subclans. That's how Somali politics will remain until there is a social revolution where clan identity takes a back seat. I can't see that ever happening anytime soon.

That's never going to happen unfortunately. Clan dynamics is the most powerful factor in Somali politics. People will only ever vote for a candidate from their own subclans. That's how Somali politics will remain until there is a social revolution where clan identity takes a back seat. I can't see that ever happening anytime soon.

If people want to be foolish and act like voting caravans, they will be bribed and tossed aside by the clans repped in the main political parties. It will also make local clans hostile to others and amp up the qabyaalad. That is the main threat.

Seriously, why are they there?
Go to ogaden or jubaland. I am not a big fan of qabiil with so much land acting like marti in another qabiil's land.

Bosaso is more diverse than one might think. She was the eye and life of Somalia for two decades. it is my magaalo and i'll always be reer bosaso

Trending

Latest posts