Official Modern Somali Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
The thing is As beautiful as you make it now, unless Somalia becomes 100% Stable no NonMogadishans will move in. So i think it'll be a struggling market for a while

These homes are lovely, but I wouldn't be able to to live with myself knowing there's practically an army of poor people mere steps away. The guilt
full

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
A lot of interesting posts I must say.

As much as I hate those "Hansel and Gretel's house" lookalike houses back home; I would pick them any day over the ones the ottomans build or the Zanzibari inspired ones. We just need to figure how to make the hideous colors work & look harmonious. As someone already mentioned, Somalis do love their rainbow colors after all.

As for interior design, aqal soomali & hido iyo dhaqan could work as great inspirations. The obsession with fadhi-carbeed & heavy curtains that blacks out everything need to stop.

This is one of my favorite twitter accounts on interior designs:
https://twitter.com/ThislsWow

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Berbera should of been given Turkish contractors and builders, the ottoman architecture there would be beautiful if it was renovated.

Buildofy is the most underrated architecture channel on YouTube.

These are all Indian builders doing incredible homes and mid-rise projects throughout India.

time to build apartments and sold it .people need land property to build a house it is risk and expensive too why banks like dahabshiil .Darasalambank, Salam bank, Amalbank,not building apartments

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Me and @Bohol always get into these design concepts in Somalia for new homes.

If any of you are interested in home constrution ideas or cost effective tools to build awesome designs like share them here.

Let’s continue the convo from here.

Thanks bro, as an architect this is my passion and insha'Allah will bring it back home.

The construction / architecture companies in Somaliland charge heavily inflated prices my goal is to design & build people's dream cheaply but if the highest quality by minimising operational cost

Thanks bro, as an architect this is my passion and insha'Allah will bring it back home.

The construction / architecture companies in Somaliland charge heavily inflated prices my goal is to design & build people's dream cheaply but if the highest quality by minimising operational cost

Lots of opportunities

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
That home trips me out.

With the same material they could have made this with a little creativity.

Is that Gaastrig-mudug?

df048bebbe79507ea4b63216f823d51f--concrete-stone-minimalist-architecture.jpg

Nice! I've always been fascinated by houses carved out of hills and mountains. With the correct design, you wouldn't need an AC because of the earth's natural temp regulation. This is what I'd like to see and it's perfect for Jigjiga's green hills. I'd have to find a way to stop the goats and cattle from eating my roof though :patrice:

06b80fd7b78f31396e61850de2c1ac6e.jpg

Nice! I've always been fascinated by houses carved out of hills and mountains. With the correct design, you wouldn't need an AC because of the earth's natural temp regulation. This is what I'd like to see and it's perfect for Jigjiga's green hills. I'd have to find a way to stop the goats and cattle from eating my roof though :patrice:

06b80fd7b78f31396e61850de2c1ac6e.jpg

:banderas: Malawax and shaax sitting on the porch

Adobe houses are ideal for the hot climate of Somalia. They are cool in the heat and minimise the need for AC. The material , which is basically mud, is also cheap and abundant.

images

images

images

The origin of the word Adobe may interest you.

The English borrowed it from the Spanish word adobe, while the Spanish borrowed it from the Arabic Attob. The Arabs it borrowed it from the Coptic Tobe hwhich is ultimately from the ancient Egyptian word for mud: Dobe.

The Somali word for mud is of course, Dhoobo or Dhoobe depending on your accent.

Now ain't that as clear as mud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending