OFFICIAL MMA/BOXING/MUAY THAI/BJJ/WRESTLING/ETC THREAD

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Any of you guys into marital arts or train atm?

I wrestled and did bjj for a while and looking to get into boxing sometime this year. I also want to compete at least once.

Any of you guys train?

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
I wrestled and boxed for 3 years, I also learned a little bjj from YouTube and used to practice with my friend who actually trains.

digaagjecel

Good stuff bro! Bjj is awesome.

Did you compete in boxing btw?
I’ve never competed I used actually train at this gym in my city and the gym belongs to current champion. I was boxing since I was 14 I used to sparr with guys who are currently amateur boxers trying to become pros. Have you competed in any grappling tournaments?

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I’ve never competed I used actually train at this gym in my city and the gym belongs to current champion. I was boxing since I was 14 I used to sparr with guys who are currently amateur boxers trying to become pros. Have you competed in any grappling tournaments?
Nope. Just wrestled in hs and did bjj for a few months at an mma gym. Did muay thai/boxing as well, but not enough.

damn looks like you got valuable experience. Can't wait to start boxing.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Nah I only wrestled in high school from grade 10 to 12( it was my abo idea to sign up lol)
Also freestyle wrestled for my uni first year but got kicked off the team for details I would not want to get into( it was a shit wrestling program) :francis:

always wanted to make to the olympic team :mjcry:

my little cousin wrestles as well for my old high school so I go to his practices and help the team out whenever I have time.

Last edited:

digaagjecel

Nah I only wrestled in high school from grade 10 to 12( it was my abo idea to sign up lol)
Also freestyle wrestled for my uni first year but got kicked off the team for details I would not want to get into( it was a shit wrestling program) :francis:

always wanted to make to the olympic team :mjcry:

other combat Sports never really interest me.
Some fob somali kid wrestled for our school and thought it was wwe. On his first match they said he punched some Caadan kid in then face.
:pachah1:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Some fob somali kid wrestled for our school and thought it was wwe. On his first match they said he punched some Caadan kid in then face.
:pachah1:
:dead: I’m not surprised. Reminds me this one time some kid who was trying out for the team kneed a guy in the face who was trying to attempt ankle pick takedown like wtf :russ:

Muay Thai for 2 and half years. If you want to compete, get at least 6months of training under your belt. Find a decent gym where people leave their egos at the door, some cunts will legit try and knock you out during sparring.

I'm sure your coach will float the idea of an interclub once he feels that you're ready.
Not sure things work in boxing gyms, but avoid any muay thai gym where they repeatedy just make you do combos when you're dong pad work, it's a horrible way to actually learn. Above all else, focus on technique instead of just throwing every shot with 100%.

digaagjecel

Muay Thai for 2 and half years. If you want to compete, get at least 6months of training under your belt. Find a decent gym where people leave their egos at the door, some cunts will legit try and knock you out during sparring.

I'm sure your coach will float the idea of an interclub once he feels that you're ready.
Not sure things work in boxing gyms, but avoid any muay thai gym where they repeatedy just make you do combos when you're dong pad work, it's a horrible way to actually learn. Above all else, focus on technique instead of just throwing every shot with 100%.
You got some steel shins huh?

This guy is one my favorite boxers to watch even though I don’t even keep up with boxing like that anymore. He was the middle weight champion but was stripped because he couldn’t make weight. The guy is fighting opponents who are quicker, stronger, and just all around more athletic then him. In one of his fights the guy literally had titties so his physique isn’t that good. But his technique is probably the best in his weight class and is the main reason why he’s undefeated.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP

I wrestled and did bjj for a while and looking to get into boxing sometime this year. I also want to compete at least once.

Any of you guys train?
I did circle or discipline boxing, and thought about getting into MMA.

I did wrestling in high school in 9th and dropped 11th grade why you ask I got tired of my coach bullshit remember I was eating my favorite pizza place and my coach said I had to cut 15 pounds before Friday dropped out no way I was going to starve myself again

You got some steel shins huh?

This guy is one my favorite boxers to watch even though I don’t even keep up with boxing like that anymore. He was the middle weight champion but was stripped because he couldn’t make weight. The guy is fighting opponents who are quicker, stronger, and just all around more athletic then him. In one of his fights the guy literally had titties so his physique isn’t that good. But his technique is probably the best in his weight class and is the main reason why he’s undefeated.
It's mad wallahi, I went back for a session a few weeks back and realised soft I got after kicking the heavy bag for a bit. Kicks and clinching/knees score more in muay thai and seeing as much gyms suck Thai dick, boxing/punching takes a bit of a back seat.

No idea how shit works in boxing, It's probably hell trying to cut weight for the guy. He should consider moving up a weight class. I fucking love any fighter who utilizes bodyshots instead of just head-hunting, a well place punch/knee/kick to the liver absolutely fucking CRUSHES most people.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah

Any of you guys train?
Boxing- 3 years

One of the smartest choices I've ever made in my life. It's hella fun, amazing workouts, teaches you to defend yourself which is another level of confidence, but my favorite thing about it is that it constantly reminds me at a base level that I have to put in a ton of work to get the results that I want. You want to win a boxing match? Breathe right, move right, think right, be right.

I tried other martial arts, but they were majority all theory, where boxing was just pretty much straightforward. Gloves on, fight.

Trending