Off shore natural gas reserves or petroleum

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Is there any substantial natural gas off shore reserves or natural gas and Petroleum reserves on Somali lands. Or has it been blown out of proportion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't know about any coastal reservoirs. However there is an very large reservoir in sool. Maybe it is an issue combined between the inhabitants not 100% choosing one government and international companies operate under international law which states that Somaliland is an break away region and won't take the risk of losing money.

I don't know about any coastal reservoirs. However there is an very large reservoir in sool. Maybe it is an issue combined between the inhabitants not 100% choosing one government and international companies operate under international law which states that Somaliland is an break away region and won't take the risk of losing money.
A8C85203-B188-4E8A-9794-D5640613E637.png

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
All that water waiting for us to be exploited.

All that water has the potential of sitting on oil reserves. The whole indian Indian Ocean coast has it for sure. There needs to be an survey done on the red sea coast. While also surveying central Somalia's soil for uranium and the one that is even more expensive.

All that water waiting for us to be exploited.

All that water has the potential of sitting on oil reserves. The whole indian Indian Ocean coast has it for sure. There needs to be an survey done on the red sea coast. While also surveying central Somalia's soil for uranium and the one that is even more expensive.
2B02412F-A78F-46FB-8CF3-7530D0103B2F.jpeg

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
The only proven resources is natural gas near Afgoye I think which is minuscule. There's no evidence there's large quantities of oil and gas.

They surmise prospects based on similar geological characteristics with Yemen, nothing large is substantiated.

I don't think there would be significant extraction of petroleum and natural gas as the security in the region pose a lot of uncertainties that don't inspire confidence in billion-dollar investments.

Which sucks, because the extraction would provide fiscal revenue, increase productivity, that would have a spillover effect to help relocate Somalis from informal, nomadic pastoralism to higher value-added activities with more formal services.

This situation would create an effect of agglomeration foster development to increasing urbanization.

The only proven resources is natural gas near Afgoye I think which is minuscule. There's no evidence there's large quantities of oil and gas.

You could be right. I remember they said Puntland was sitting on vast sums of oil money something like $2 trillion. Here is the video.

You could be right. I remember they said Puntland was sitting on vast sums of oil money something like $2 trillion. Here is the video.

With incompetent fools as leaders in Somalia, divided and tribalism is rampant how do you think we will ever use our resources to build and unite Somalia.

We don't know for certain, it is very possible due to our proximity to the Middle East and there has been estimates we have Trillions of dollars worth of oil, and natural gas but there needs to be stability first before we try to explore & extract any of it.

If there is as much Oil as the estimates say, this will be our ticket out of the dark ages.

Last edited:
Is there any substantial natural gas off shore reserves or natural gas and Petroleum reserves on Somali lands. Or has it been blown out of proportion.

Of course the Arab would be interested in oil :deadrose:

There is an substantial amount, the only issue is that nobody is willing to invest in it right now. Who wants to build an offshore oil rig in a country that's so unstable? It’s not as easy as onshore projects. One boat filled with “you know what” speeding towards the rig and there goes 100 million USD.

Trending