Obesity epidemic in young Somali girls???

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Somali guys are more into sports . I noticed some Somali women believe going to the gym/exercise outside is “haram” because of gender mixing . I think they use that as an excuse. There are a lot of women only gym or hours especially for women .

Its good to work out and take care of your health. Islamically we are supposed to take care if our bodies .

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
How have you come to the conclusion I'm an SJW?

When did belittling a group ever change their BMI or positively influence their life choices for the better?
Well what do you suggest we do??

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Well what do you suggest we do??

Not much we can do but lead by example and offer a helping hand if someone wants advice. Being compassionate, opening them up to what a future of few limitations and more possibilities actually looks like if they decide to change. And reminding them that setbacks can and do occur but to commit themselves to the process of slow, measured change that's consistent. All while not making them feel defensive. People often resist something that is good for them because of their egos and a fear of change because it means altering the dynamics in friendships, relationships and shaking up their old ways of being and relating to the world. There are also different types of eaters (1) some out of boredom (2) some out of self-protection (3) some out of comfort when dealing with emotional challenges (4) bad habits/ convenience. You have to act like a detective to figure this out. And like a shrink/diagnostician you have to know what's going on in their life. It's very easy to pass judgement from the outset.

Last edited:
In the past it used to be "oh she got married" hence why she morphed into a landwhale or she had many kids and it was the stress of bringing them up (back home they still remain slim/normal after 12 kids), but this poisonous trend is now affecting more and more young single women relative to the Geeljires:cosbyhmm:

What shocked me the most on a recent visit to an old neighbourhood where the majority of the women (2 years ago) were mostly slim or flirting with mild anorexia, now 90 % of them morphed into baby elephants unrecognisable from before.

A simple trip to any major shopping centres in large cities you see the same results, roughly 3 out of every 5 that you see is obese (this is ignoring the habro's that are virtually all obese)

The worst part of all of this is that they are generally not perturbed by it one bit unlike women from other races that try to change their conditions and if they fail fall into depression/self-loathing.

Our desperado Estrogen filled males that falsely compliment them for this also somewhat fuel this, what's interesting is that all the Xalimo's I know that are married to foreigners are in the normal/slim ranges even after giving birth several times, you rarely find a obese one and the few times I did she was divorced soon after.:pachah1:

Is anyone else perturbed by this growing epidemic ? I used to remember when I was young, the dirac's used to obfuscate and hide the obese women's fatness expertly and make her appear slim/normal.

I was fooled a few times by this but now it has become so bad they even look obese in Dirac's :gucciwhat: View attachment 100240
Please gift them Jason Fung's book (the obesity code) since majority of Somali women are attending post secondary education.

In the past it used to be "oh she got married" hence why she morphed into a landwhale or she had many kids and it was the stress of bringing them up (back home they still remain slim/normal after 12 kids), but this poisonous trend is now affecting more and more young single women relative to the Geeljires:cosbyhmm:

What shocked me the most on a recent visit to an old neighbourhood where the majority of the women (2 years ago) were mostly slim or flirting with mild anorexia, now 90 % of them morphed into baby elephants unrecognisable from before.

A simple trip to any major shopping centres in large cities you see the same results, roughly 3 out of every 5 that you see is obese (this is ignoring the habro's that are virtually all obese)

The worst part of all of this is that they are generally not perturbed by it one bit unlike women from other races that try to change their conditions and if they fail fall into depression/self-loathing.

Our desperado Estrogen filled males that falsely compliment them for this also somewhat fuel this, what's interesting is that all the Xalimo's I know that are married to foreigners are in the normal/slim ranges even after giving birth several times, you rarely find a obese one and the few times I did she was divorced soon after.:pachah1:

Is anyone else perturbed by this growing epidemic ? I used to remember when I was young, the dirac's used to obfuscate and hide the obese women's fatness expertly and make her appear slim/normal.

I was fooled a few times by this but now it has become so bad they even look obese in Dirac's :gucciwhat: View attachment 100240
I know this girl. Please remove her pic!

Trending