Now, Somalia are officially part of EAC.

hawiye elites
We need 1m1v. Also want sharif to say the dastuur bedal needs to include a public corruption committee which can task the police with seizure of any individual who goes against this. Many of the people who speak critically of him are hawiye too, the one in charge is just a puppet who has captured parliament.

We can not have enemies at both our borders. This is a simple free trade organization, which I believe Somalis will dominate. Our business men having free reign to expand all over this market will be good for our economy. Maybe it's because of the heavy amount of british somalis on here, but people seem to be using brexit-like arguments against this. Which we all know cost them over a 160 billion pounds doing that dumb shit. One of the big reason the Kenyan economy grows so rapidly is by embeding themselves and being the port for central africa. Every gobol has port developments, but few have any plans to facilitate exports. Rwandan, Ugandan, South Sudanese and Congolese goods leaving through Bosaso, Kismayo, Hobyo, Merka and Mogadishu is good news.

We will not build our country on isolationism. Besides, the living standards in Somalia, especially for non-Muslim non-Cushites, are horrendous. The idea that Rwandans will en masse come to Somalia will not happen; frankly, the opposite is most likely to occur.

Ethiopia has gone haywire, Oromo nationalist are even talking about expanding into Kenyan and uniting with the Oromos in there. Somalia being the reasonable, business minded and friendly nation willing to work with everyone will help us in the longterm contain the Ethiopian problem.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
We can not have enemies at both our borders. This is a simple free trade organization, which I believe Somalis will dominate. Our business men having free reign to expand all over this market will be good for our economy. Maybe it's because of the heavy amount of british somalis on here, but people seem to be using brexit-like arguments against this. Which we all know cost them over a 160 billion pounds doing that dumb shit. One of the big reason the Kenyan economy grows so rapidly is by embeding themselves and being the port for central africa. Every gobol has port developments, but few have any plans to facilitate exports. Rwandan, Ugandan, South Sudanese and Congolese goods leaving through Bosaso, Kismayo, Hobyo, Merka and Mogadishu is good news.

We will not build our country on isolationism. Besides, the living standards in Somalia, especially for non-Muslim non-Cushites, are horrendous. The idea that Rwandans will en masse come to Somalia will not happen; frankly, the opposite is most likely to occur.

Ethiopia has gone haywire, Oromo nationalist are even talking about expanding into Kenyan and uniting with the Oromos in there. Somalia being the reasonable, business minded and friendly nation willing to work with everyone will help us in the longterm contain the Ethiopian problem.

The Rwandan government invited Somalis to invest in Kigali , lets not put all our eggs in Nairobi alone

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
This will benefit Somalia economically. You isolationists are a burden to Somalia. We need an open market and investment. Stop the racism and think about the future of the country.

This will benefit Somalia economically. You isolationists are a burden to Somalia. We need an open market and investment. Stop the racism and think about the future of the country.
it’s disingenuous to accredit this to racism sxb when there’s so much growth waiting for us back home which few have taken advantage of. Through isolationism Somali can have a monopoly on all sectors of their grand economy. Who wants Kenyan banks and businesses our own?

Last edited:

Jungle

VIP
Somalis are heavily invested in Kenya, TZ, Uganda and South Sudan. Those with Somali citizenship will only benefit from this especially in import & export.

Somalis have sizeable population and huge business associations in Angola, Zambia, Mozambique and ofc South Africa.

It seems to me its only an issue with the fake wadanis when anything is made official by FGS with african countries. Somalis live, study and do business without any issues in their countries except south africa who are cawaan

Last edited:

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
it’s disingenuous to accredit this to racism sxb when there’s so much growth waiting for us back home which few have taken advantage of. Through isolationism Somali can have a monopoly on all sectors of their gran economy. Who wants Kenyan banks and businesses our own?
To be honest, I don't care, I'm all for open markets. Somalia will not grow by isolating itself.

To be honest, I don't care, I'm all for open markets. Somalia will not grow by isolating itself.
I disagree ! Based on the data we’ve been growing year by year. Being colonized militarily is one thing, but economically is a whole other ball game, arab league has its own economic incentives so why not pursue those. This is short term gain, in the process cutting our potential short. Arab league has its own economic incentives, and is on a much higher pedestal! Arab league spoke up for Somalia when EAC was yet to say a word.

Trending