Nothing exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
This world. Humanity. Love. Hope. Good. Evil. Dreams. Nightmares. God. Nothing is real but emptiness. This is a crack; a cradle poised between gulfs of pure blackness. Let us be swallowed back up!

spacetime3animated20.gif

VixR

Veritas
Op,
Don't let the cradle fall into the crack :browtf:

Or else... you'll be scaling the walls of the great void :browtf:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
If you want to have a serious debate on this, I'd counter that nothing doesn't exist. Never has nothing been observed. It's a mere definition of the absence of something. But in the absence of something in this world, there's something else. There's no such thing as pure nothingness. Even the vastness of space is a thing, space itself. What goes on beyond space? That's speculative. I don't think nothing exists.

If you want to have a serious debate on this, I'd counter that nothing doesn't exist. Never has nothing been observed. It's a mere definition of the absence of something. But in the absence of something in this world, there's something else. There's no such thing as pure nothingness. Even the vastness of space is a thing, space itself. What goes on beyond space? That's speculative. I don't think nothing exists.

What is the absence of everything? I can't comprehend that tbh.

Definitely some of the users here have a black hole in between their ears. And it’s usually the ones with their qabil in their username.

You would think that the somalis using the internet would be more open to intelligent discourse, but this much talk of "qabil" makes me think that we are all doomed. Like, standing for a qabil and wishing for peace and prosperity in our country is a conflict of interest. I have lived in 23 years and i can say that qabil has never given me shit, so why care? On the other hand, merit-based system would lead to progress.

It’s extremely pretentious when people try to regurgitate the philosophical argument if anything is real. Do you think you’re the first person to think of that, wording it eloquently won’t spark the ‘intellectual discourse’ you’re looking for.

It’s extremely pretentious when people try to regurgitate the philosophical argument if anything is real. Do you think you’re the first person to think of that, wording it eloquently won’t spark the ‘intellectual discourse’ you’re looking for.

Are you arguing against the fact that a qabilist system is a bad opposed to a system based on meritocracy?

Are you arguing against the fact that a qabilist system is a bad opposed to a system based on meritocracy?
There are positive/negative aspects of qabyalad in everyday life of Somalis back home and abroad , for eg my parents are in WhatsApp groups that help donate to my qabil members in need. The negative effects are rife and possibly outweigh the positives , that’s why politics should intrinsically be based on meritocracy . Is there a healthy way of incorporating certain aspects of qabilism (what would they be) into our political system ?

There are positive/negative aspects of qabyalad in everyday life of Somalis back home and abroad , for eg my parents are in WhatsApp groups that help donate to my qabil members in need. The negative effects are rife and possibly outweigh the positives , that’s why politics should intrinsically be based on meritocracy . Is there a healthy way of incorporating certain aspects of qabilism (what would they be) into our political system ?

I don't know. But i think it is best to educate and indoctrinate people to the point that the talk of qabil bears no significant weight in every aspect of our social life and especially in the political realm. Some drastic change has to happen, because the old way of living is clearly not working.

Last edited:

We somalis are too oldschool and hate change. Unfortunately the current game is the law of the jungle, and we have to learn to adapt and evolve in this globalised world.

Actually i would argue everything exists but only when observed.Recently i was studying on the spin state of fermions and bosons.Ignoring the latter lets take a fermion called an electron.If we measure its "spin" we need an axis to measure it at, however by trying to measure the spin we need to observe it. When we try to do that itself to be in a certain direction.However measure that same electron in another direction and we get the same value! its the act of observation which alters our answers!Every answer is still correct as long as the axis we specify is there!

Similiarly if we try to measure most things in the quantum world simultaneously we acquire a sort of quantum fuzziness, an uncertainty with one or the other.The uncertainty at large sizes is so small that we essentially average everything out and state it as "real".However get into the fun world and everything we see as "common sense" falls off.

In essence we have a veil over our eyes, a literal avereger.We average everything which makes life seem simple , a blessing from God i say.Imagine if there was always an uncertainty with hoyo being in the house or randomly Quantum tunnelling outside.

Actually i would argue everything exists but only when observed.Recently i was studying on the spin state of fermions and bosons.Ignoring the latter lets take a fermion called an electron.If we measure its "spin" we need an axis to measure it at, however by trying to measure the spin we need to observe it. When we try to do that itself to be in a certain direction.However measure that same electron in another direction and we get the same value! its the act of observation which alters our answers!Every answer is still correct as long as the axis we specify is there!

Similiarly if we try to measure most things in the quantum world simultaneously we acquire a sort of quantum fuzziness, an uncertainty with one or the other.The uncertainty at large sizes is so small that we essentially average everything out and state it as "real".However get into the fun world and everything we see as "common sense" falls off.

In essence we have a veil over our eyes, a literal avereger.We average everything which makes life seem simple , a blessing from God i say.Imagine if there was always an uncertainty with hoyo being in the house or randomly Quantum tunnelling outside.

Have you heard of Schrödinger's cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending