Not feeling somali enough

I get told all the time i speak like an cadaan girl :mjlol:
As long as we aren’t speaking like that Toronto girl that went viral on TikTok - we are good
Verzuz Battle GIF by VERZUZ

Do you guys ever feel like you’re not somali enough? I was born and raised in Toronto so I’ve always been around Somalis, but I went to a school outside the city where most people were timo jileec or cadaan. As a result I had no somali friends (aside from cousins my age) until I went to uni two years ago. Now when I hang out with my somali friends I feel like a poser lol. Even though we look, dress and talk the same it seems that it’s obvious to everyone that im the odd one out. Am I being neurotic or have any of you experienced this? What do I do?

Kids from Dhaqan Celis background experience this if they stay in Somalia long enough. They get bullied back home for not being Somali enough, then when they get back to the West they're considered "FOBs" by the Somali kids who never went back home.

That's why if you're taking your kids back home make it a quick time or a long time, but don't do these odd 2-3 years stay. It doesn't really benefit them in the long run.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Do you guys ever feel like you’re not somali enough? I was born and raised in Toronto so I’ve always been around Somalis, but I went to a school outside the city where most people were timo jileec or cadaan. As a result I had no somali friends (aside from cousins my age) until I went to uni two years ago. Now when I hang out with my somali friends I feel like a poser lol. Even though we look, dress and talk the same it seems that it’s obvious to everyone that im the odd one out. Am I being neurotic or have any of you experienced this? What do I do?

Huuno u feel u r odd because u r- u know the soul trapped inside you is a chained Lion. U feel a poser, because u try hard to hide the REAL u inside!

1697997727557.png

1697997747084.png

Kids from Dhaqan Celis background experience this if they stay in Somalia long enough. They get bullied back home for not being Somali enough, then when they get back to the West they're considered "FOBs" by the Somali kids who never went back home.

That's why if you're taking your kids back home make it a quick time or a long time, but don't do these odd 2-3 years stay. It doesn't really benefit them in the long run.
this is EXACTLY whats happening to me right now :yloezpe::yloezpe:

Trending

Latest posts