Noses

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I watched a TikTok that explained why our noses are adaptions to our environment. E.g big noses for hotter climates help keep them cooler. White people= smaller noses to help with cold. Can you explain why this doesn’t explain Somalis then?

So I watched a TikTok that explained why our noses are adaptions to our environment. E.g big noses for hotter climates help keep them cooler. White people= smaller noses to help with cold. Can you explain why this doesn’t explain Somalis then?
Send me the link please

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Somalis have smaller noses than cadaans. My theory is we selected for this feature. And our climate is dry and semi-arid. Ancient admixture alone doesn't explain it. We can't get a nose job because there isn't much to work with.

Somalis have smaller noses than cadaans. My theory is we selected for this feature. And our climate is dry and semi-arid. Ancient admixture alone doesn't explain it. We can't get a nose job because there isn't much to work with.
True but I’ve seen Somalis with big noses too. We must have adapted to our climate but I was just wondering. Most Somalis have big eyes too ?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
True but I’ve seen Somalis with big noses too. We must have adapted to our climate but I was just wondering. Most Somalis have big eyes too ?

I have seen every ethnic group on earth with larger than average noses for their respective group(s). Its human variability. Its still not a very common feature in Somalis though. And its kind of relative. A large nose for a Somali isn't the same as a large nose for a Congolese person. Or someone that is say Polish. By way of example(s).

I have a small nose, they call me san yarey :icon redface:
IMG_0050.jpg

:wowsweat:

Somalis are obses with noses because we have different shapes, thin to thick.

Bantus dont have that issue because they're united in flat noses

Status
Not open for further replies.