Norway Behind the worsening of Kenya and Somali relations, A Kenyan newspaper alleges!

The Norwegian government has been dragged into Kenya and Somalia maritime row.

The Norwegian government has been dragged into Kenya and Somalia maritime row that has threatened to strain the relationship between the two neighbouring countries.

Kenya is unhappy with the involvement of a Norwegian firm in ‘redrawing’ of its map. Norwegian oil firm DNO has been contracted to search for oil in the disputed area.

Reliable reports indicate that Kenya has protested to Norwegian government for allowing its firm to be used in the demarcation.

“The government is furious that Norway that is supposed to work for peace in Somalia is involved in the demarcation," an official who requested anonymity said.

ILLEGAL MAPS

The country feels that Somalia’s claim is driven by commercial interests and that the solution is for it to withdraw the illegal maps given to investors for exploration.

The United Nations Security Council has also contacted Kenya on Somalia’s claim as it threatens the region’s stability.

In August 2014, Somalia sued Kenya at the International Court of Justice at The Hague, Netherlands, for unlawful operations in her maritime territory.

https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Norway-in-Kenya-Somali-maritime-row-/1056-5161214-e1m9h8z/index.html

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
The company redrew the map in Somalia's favor? If you look at maps of EEZ, Somalia's border with Kenya is as it has always claimed. The horizontal line is complete fabrication so it's only a correction.

The company redrew the map in Somalia's favor? If you look at maps of EEZ, Somalia's border with Kenya is as it has always claimed. The horizontal line is complete fabrication so it's only a correction.

@sincity

Thanks for the input Sxb, I got that part and the Kenyans are infuriated because two Norwegian companies have financial interests on either side of the spectrum and is asking the Norwegian government to punish the company that redrew the maps, but does the Norwegian government support the Norwegian oil company? Are you a Norwegian?

They are just triggered because they are about to be landlocked. And they know the lions of Africa is coming for them and their allies (Ethiopia and uae).

repo

VIP
@sincity

Thanks for the input Sxb, I got that part and the Kenyans are infuriated because two Norwegian companies have financial interests on either side of the spectrum and is asking the Norwegian government to punish the company that redrew the maps, but does the Norwegian government support the Norwegian oil company? Are you a Norwegian?
No I am not Norwegian. What's the other company?

repo

VIP
@sincity

The Norwegian oil company DNO.
Ok I thought you meant there were 2 companies on each side. I suspect what happened is that the Norwegians thought the Somalis are so corrupt that the Kenyans will be able to solve it out of court and when it reached the ICJ they took a step back.

Ok I thought you meant there were 2 companies on each side. I suspect what happened is that the Norwegians thought the Somalis are so corrupt that the Kenyans will be able to solve it out of court and when it reached the ICJ they took a step back.

@sincity

But they are two Norwegian companies on both camps. The one that made the maps on Somalia's side and the Oil firm which is on Kenya's side.

repo

VIP
@sincity

But they are two Norwegian companies on both camps. The one that made the maps on Somalia's side and the Oil firm which is on Kenya's side.
Oh, I assumed DNO changed a previous map they made. Since when did Somalia give oil blocks to a Norwegian company? Didn't they say we will leave it to the ICJ?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Kenya continues to get more desperate by the hour.
The September ruling by the Somali Chief judge at the Hague is coming soon.:siilaanyosmile:

icj.jpg