North-Eastern Somalia Population. Well into 3 million. Proven

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The puntland 'reer miyi' population should be roughly around 3 million and the data I use to support this is the 'anfar' state of ethiopia. Anfar region of Ethiopia is 'census counted' to 1.8 million so let's look at their 'livestock count' to see what population size correlates with their livestock population.

The CSA estimated in 2005 that farmers in the Afar Regional State had a total of 327,370 cattle (representing 0.84% of Ethiopia's total cattle), 196,390 sheep (1.13%), 483,780 goats (3.73%), 200 mules (0.14%), 12,270 asses (0.49%), 99,830 camels (21.85%), 38,320 poultry of all species (0.12%), and 810 beehives (less than 0.1%). The CSA estimated on the basis of a survey performed in December 2003 that nomadic inhabitants had 1,990,850 cattle (an 83.8% share of those animals in the Region that year), 2,303,250 sheep (90.6%), 3,960,510 goats (90%), 759,750 camels (85.9%), 175,180 asses (92.5%), 2960 mules (88.6%), and 900 horses (100%).[12]

2.3 million Sheeps, 3.9 million goats, 760k camels, 2 million cattle. Total for Anfar Nomads? 8-9 million give or take on their livestock count. Their population size is documented as below

Based on the 2008 projections by the Central Statistical Agency of Ethiopia (CSA), the Afar Regional State has a population of 1,812,002

Puntland livestock is 12.3 Million and this is data collected back in the early 2000 period mind you and when we used to export our livestock to Kenya. They marked all the camels and the percentage of the market each region of Somalia owned.

70f1uf.jpg

North-Eastern Camels represented 12.3 million in Somalia livestock count based on the sample rate they used in the Nairobi terminal market. North West was 12.2 but this includes sool/sanaag which are 90% where livestock in the north is located in particularly The dhulbahante breed of camel was noted as 'north west' in the sample rate in Nairobi livestock market. Central region which is Habar gedir/Marehan as the second largest clan in the central areas before it becomes 'south' which is beletwayne illa shabellaha hoose.

12 Million livestock for 8 million anfar livestock is a variation of 4 million livestock. I would assume since the Anfar are 1.8 million, Puntland just the north-east is 3 million based on that data. Any disagreement from S like @Suldaanka @Cabdi @waraabe @Bohol @Reiko @Abdalla @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman @Crow @Dues Ex Machete @Sheikh @nine @SomaliWadaniSoldier @Saalax Bidaar @Farm

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Bari-North-Mudug-Nugaal is 3 million is my summarized conclusion, any disagreement please let me know as I have correlated it with 'sufficient' and acceptable data to reach a 'sound' conclusion from 'census data' done on the 'afar' region of Ethiopia and since we know their population 'count' because they been counted, we can take what their livestock census is and compare it Somali livestock region one by one to reach a satisfactory conclusion on somali regional estimates.

In this sample I compared it to my own region Puntland. But not all Puntland because sool/sanaag are not included and this is specifically north-east or majerten regions. I am safe to assume majerten are 3 million in population alone. If you add sool/sanaag/makhir possibly another 1.5 million, they would be easily 'half' majerten size. So Puntland is right about being 4.5 to 4.9 million if you include all harti clans in Puntland or with Majerten alone 3 million.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Then we can look into each clan 'jilib' levels and how many jilibs they have, how many mag paying because if you can't pay 100 camels your not a big clan end of story, we can then comparison diya paying clans along with livestock population counts, we can reach satisfactory outcome ama 'cadayn' indhaheena dhan uu jeedo and not UNFPA crap census on just 'towns' when 80% of somalia economy is from reer miyi hence their 80% of the population and need to be accounted for and not just the towns and cities which mind you 'puntland still has' some of the biggest cities in Somalia and can also play in this area and still stand tall. But it's our rural population and livestock count which is where OUTSHINE other somali niggas, inta madax madow is la'eg. We can then look at diaspora samples of clans and see more evidence. Come on guys lets put the population thing to rest but we need DATA AND EVIDENCE accounting for all aspects of Somali population not just counting cities.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis suck on forums wallahi, it's all just clan cheerleading no data, evidence, they just find NGO reports that are influenced by their clans-men as advisors in UNFPA and say war waa ka tirada guud ee somalida, I can't accept that shit analysis. I want hardcore evidence. I want livestock to livestock ratios compared, then compared against known population areas like 'anfar' and we work out their livestock and then compare what our population can be. I want 'diya paying' groups worked out and how many jilibs and reero exist in each clan.

I want a wide variety of data. Eventually I want satellite imagery of all towns included not just 'major' towns. Those small to medium towns add up to big towns hadi laysku daro. I want facts, I am the doctor, I am not a damn who just searches for NGO or UNDP census that is given by who-ever the clan advising the European is ama sidan aan ku kala farisano everyday not accepting anyone argument. I believe I have strongest arguments of how I present my evidence which convinces even the 'critics'.

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
Somalis suck on forums wallahi, it's all just clan cheerleading no data, evidence, they just find NGO reports that are influenced by their clans-men as advisors in UNFPA and say war waa ka tirada guud ee somalida, I can't accept that shit analysis. I want hardcore evidence. I want livestock to livestock ratios compared, then compared against known population areas like 'anfar' and we work out their livestock and then compare what our population can be. I want 'diya paying' groups worked out and how many jilibs and reero exist in each clan.

I want a wide variety of data. Eventually I want satellite imagery of all towns included not just 'major' towns. Those small to medium towns add up to big towns hadi laysku daro. I want facts, I am the doctor, I am not a damn who just searches for NGO or UNDP census that is given by who-ever the clan advising the European is ama sidan aan ku kala farisano everyday not accepting anyone argument. I believe I have strongest arguments of how I present my evidence which convinces even the 'critics'.

Ninyaho you should start a blog.
:yousmart:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Ninyaho you should start a blog.
:yousmart:

Somali run ma jeclo sxb, they prefer colonial census not modern day techniques. Colonial censuses were influenced and were given 'fake' figures by the 'clan loving officers' when they were sent out to collect census reports. We need scientific method oo cidina diidi karin type method as there is no other way all somalis will be convinced.

Last edited:
Sounds about right. My cousin works in livestock and abaaro in puntland government and he unwavering told me the puntland census is 4 million, i assume he was including only the pro pl dhulo, if it was harti census it would probably be 4.5 mil. That was this year. I would say:Dhulo 1.5 warsan .5 and mj 3.

Sounds about right. My cousin works in livestock and abaaro in puntland government and he unwavering told me the puntland census is 4 million, i assume he was including only the pro pl dhulo, if it was harti census it would probably be 4.5 mil. That was this year. I would say:Dhulo 1.5 warsan .5 and mj 3.
What is the population of bosaso. I believe all harti are pretty close to each other. Warsangali iyo Dhulbahante wax badan ma kala badano.
Tan kale maxa uu maleynisa pop of bosaso is.

Bari-North-Mudug-Nugaal is 3 million is my summarized conclusion, any disagreement please let me know as I have correlated it with 'sufficient' and acceptable data to reach a 'sound' conclusion from 'census data' done on the 'afar' region of Ethiopia and since we know their population 'count' because they been counted, we can take what their livestock census is and compare it Somali livestock region one by one to reach a satisfactory conclusion on somali regional estimates.

In this sample I compared it to my own region Puntland. But not all Puntland because sool/sanaag are not included and this is specifically north-east or majerten regions. I am safe to assume majerten are 3 million in population alone. If you add sool/sanaag/makhir possibly another 1.5 million, they would be easily 'half' majerten size. So Puntland is right about being 4.5 to 4.9 million if you include all harti clans in Puntland or with Majerten alone 3 million.
Nothing is certain. Lakiin the Sanaag has the highest percentage of reer miyi. I know for a fact a census wasnt done in sanaag. Most of sanaag is reer miyi type tuulos. Also the drought didnt affect to the extent of the other regions. As for Dhulbahante and Warsangali i beleive they are equal in size.
What is the popultaion of bosaso. If what i hear and people tell me that its about 1 million. Warsangali are a little more than 1/3. That alone would give you close to 500k. Forget about reer miyi that live from bosaso toe ceeri. Plus this isnt dry land. The land is fertile plus the mtns are deegans. Warsangali are about 1.5 million give or take woukd be my estimate. Again no real census was taken by pl or sl. Ka waran.
The only real way is to go to the qabil leaders and qor tiiris

Nothing is certain. Lakiin the Sanaag has the highest percentage of reer miyi. I know for a fact a census wasnt done in sanaag. Most of sanaag is reer miyi type tuulos. Also the drought didnt affect to the extent of the other regions. As for Dhulbahante and Warsangali i beleive they are equal in size.
What is the popultaion of bosaso. If what i hear and people tell me that its about 1 million. Warsangali are a little more than 1/3. That alone would give you close to 500k. Forget about reer miyi that live from bosaso toe ceeri. Plus this isnt dry land. The land is fertile plus the mtns are deegans. Warsangali are about 1.5 million give or take woukd be my estimate. Again no real census was taken by pl or sl. Ka waran.
The only real way is to go to the qabil leaders and qor tiiris
Yeah warsan might be 1 mill. A census document is needed

Yeah warsan might be 1 mill. A census document is needed
I know with their fake census done in hargeysa without really counting the deegans was like almost 500k. They never set foot. Add that to bosaso pop. Bari population and the neglected reer miyi in north sool and sanaag.
Dont sleep on warsangali as they havent had any wars since 1994. Peaceful people with a constant growth rate. I pretty sure some people are in for a suprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts